Friends At Best

Trinity's P.O.V

I sat in my English class, scribbling down random things that came into my mind, every once and a while glancing beside me at a boy who was silent most of the time.

He when standing was decently tall, maybe 6'3", long black hair, pale skin, thin and lanky, with hazel eyes. He wore pretty much all black, and had his nails painted black aswell.

I looked back at my notebook, and sighed. I flipped to another page, writing on it before I tore the page out and handed it to Chris. He looked at me and took it while the teacher wasn't looking.

"Hey, you okay? You're really quiet, Chris."

He wrote back and handed it to me.

"I'm fine, I'm just thinking."

I replied on the paper again.

"About what? Sabrina?"

When he read it he sighed, that pretty much told me the answer.

"Kind of, she's been off lately."

"Moody much?"

"No, no, she just seems clingy and almost over protective recently."

"Maybe cause you hang out with me a lot as of recently."

"Maybe, I don't know."

"Do you want to hang out after school for some pizza and movies?"

"Yeah, definitely!"

"Cool, see you then"

I hid the paper under my notebook, us being very good at speaking in notes in class without being caught.

You're probably wondering how I know this awesome guy. Chris and I have known each other for years, since we were kids. We never really thought about dating at all, and that didn't bother either of us.

The one thing that bothered me is some of the girls he's dated : especially his most recent one, Sabrina. She hates him hanging out with most of his friends, ESPECIALLY me.

When the bell finally rang, I sighed happily. Finally the day was over and I can get away from the stupid preps and jocks of the school.

"Hey." I heard a voice behind me, turning to see my best friend, Chris. He walked over and hugged me, and I returned the gesture.

"Hey, ready to go?" I pulled from the hug, as he nodded and turned, starting to walk. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the familiar red hair. Sabrina.

She stepped over and wrapped her arms around Chris, kissing him. I turned my head to look elsewhere, before looking back

"Hey baby, missed you. Wanna go back to my place?" She said, squeezing his hand, batting her lashes. Ew..

"Oh uh, I'm sorry but he was coming over to my place to watch movies and have pizza." I said, trying to keep myself calm, pulling the fakest smile ever.

She turned around, narrowing her eyes "Your place? So you can try something with him?" She let go of his and and moved closer. She was starting to get on my nerves now.

"No, so we can HANG OUT like FRIENDS." I stressed the friends, not liking her attitude.

"Yeah, right. You've been hanging close to him a lot, don't try to tell me you haven't been trying." She said, jealousy laced in her words.

"Don't try anything with me..." I said silently.

"Or you'll what!? You wouldn't hurt your best friends girlfriend!" She snapped

"No, but if I have to I will." Internally I was tempted to just knock her out before I yelled. I was caught off guard when she punched me right in my jaw, knocking my head to the side, as I turned to look back at her, there was a slight drop of blood down my chin.

"Oh you did NOT just hit me..." I growled a bit. Chris' girlfriend or not, she just punched me.

I grabbed her arm and hit her in the face, but hey, I fight like a bitch. I knocked her onto the ground and she went to hit me again and I saw arms wrap around her, holding her back. Chris.

He stared at me and sighed "I'll have to put that movie on hold."

My eyes widen as he said that, and I closed them "Yeah, whatever." I opened them to see a snarky grin on her face. I hate this bitch.

"I'll call you la-" I held my hand up "I may be busy, besides your girlfriend needs you." I walked away before he could say anything, and so he wouldn't see my tears.

That bitch is trying to come between us. I hate her, I just hate her. I went straight home, ignoring my phone, which was ringing.

I didn't want to talk to Chris right now. Ever since she came into the picture, he's changed, she acts like everything revolves around her.

As soon as I got home I went to my room and threw my bag onto my floor, and laying on my bed. I turned my phone on silent and closed my eyes, my arm over my face.

I decided to just sleep, nothing better to do, and no one will bother me. I sighed before I fell asleep, hoping tomorrow wasn't so shitty.

Chris' P.O.V

"I'll have to put that movie on hold.." I said as I held Sabrina to my chest, and the look on Trinity's face made me feel guilty for my words.

"Yeah, whatever." She definitely sounded hurt. "I'll call you la-" I got cut off when she raised her hand and spoke

"I might be busy, besides your girlfriend needs you." She turned and walked away, and I sighed, letting Sabrina go.

"Ugh, she can be such a bitch." I heard Sabrina mutter.

"A bitch? We've been friends for years! You're the one who fucking over reacted!" I snapped at her and she looked shocked.

"Why are you yelling at me?! I don't trust her, especially because she is so close to you!" She tried to sound innocent and I groaned.

"So, you don't trust me? Ugh, I'm getting sick and tired of all this fucking bullshit! If you're gonna keep me from my fucking friends then we won't work!"

Her eyes widened and she narrowed them "So what are you saying?!"

I stood up straight and turned starting to walk off. "We're over. I'm finally getting too fed up with you, acting like that." I left before she could stop me, picking up my phone, calling Trinity.

Fuck, she's not answering. Damn it. I decided to go over to her house. I knocked on her door, not getting an answer.

"I'll have to try to talk to her tomorrow." I muttered and went to my car and drove home. I went in, waving at my mom "Hey, I'm gonna be in my room." She gave a nod and I went into my room.

I laid down, looking at my ceiling groaning "My best friend is pissed off at me, I broke up with my girlfriend, oh today has just been wonderful.."

I rolled over and let my face rest in my pillow. I eventually fell asleep, hoping that Trinity will forgive me.