"One of Stacy's shows." I lied. It was getting easier, not feeling bad when I lied to him. I felt like I barely even knew him anymore, and it made me not feel as guilty. I was disappointed when he breathed a sigh of relief. It was almost disgusting, how badly he wanted to keep his image. Why was he so worried about losing me, if he'd done everything to lose me?

"So you didn't know either of the bands?" He pressed again. I furrowed my brow at him, trying to look like I didn't know what I knew.

"Why are you asking so many weird questions? No, I didn't know them, obviously it was one of Stacy's random bands she wanted me to go see." My words were laced with more edge than I had planned, but I hated that he was getting me so heated. Something about the look he wore on his face made me angry. It was the same facial expression he wore when he scored during a game. The same look he wore after sex.

Success.

"I'm allowed to ask questions. You're my girlfriend." He said defensively.

"I'm your girlfriend, not your child. You don't have to know everything." I spat. I watched Danny, his back to me. His shoulders heaved as he breathed in deep. He shut the drawer in front of him and turned back around to face me. He looked eerily calm, like he was trying not to give me the same energy in return.

"I'm allowed to be curious about you. I'm not being overbearing." He told me calmly. I had to surpress the laugh that wanted to come out of my mouth.

"I don't have time for this. I've got to get home and help my mom with stuff." I brushed him off, and picked my purse up off the couch. Danny grabbed my wrist and made me face him. "Danny, let go."

"I'm not letting go until you tell me what's been going on with you." His voice was angry, but his eyes were soft. I didn't need this right now. I needed to get away from him and clear my head.

"Nothing is going on with me." I lied again. "Let go, I have to get home. I've got a chore list as long as the Great Wall." I kept eye contact with him, trying to convince him there was nothing wrong. I wasn't hanging out with his other girlfriend. And we definitely weren't trying to take him down.

After a long stare down, Danny sighed and released his grip on me. "Fine. But something is up, I don't know what it is. You've been acting different." He sounded defeated, but took a step back to give me space.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I quickly pecked him on the cheek, and didn't give him a chance to say anything else before I left the room.

I said my usual goodbyes to everyone who was still hanging out in the office on my way out of the church, and pushed the back door open. It was warmer than it was when I got here this morning, but it was still cold. I was regretting my choice of leaving my jacket in my car.

I sat in my driver's seat and let out a long awaited sigh of relief. I was happy to be away from Danny and all of his questions about Tessa's band. I wondered if he'd asked her anything as well. Did they even talk anymore? Surely she had to still be keeping up some sort of charade with him if I was.

I wanted to call her, to see how the rest of her night went. I was still a little groggy from the cookie, but it was nothing like being hungover - which I'd only experienced once before, so I couldn't really be a fair judge.

I saw Danny coming out of the church with his dad, who waved to me. I gave them both a quick wave, and backed out of my parking spot. I needed to leave this lot before either of them attempted to talk to me. I couldn't get roped into another post-church lunch right now.

I turned out of the parking lot and pulled onto the back roads. I activated my Bluetooth and called Tessa before I could tell myself not to.

"Hey, do you want to meet me in half an hour?"