Chapter 9

Bonnie sat around her friends nervously and they looked at her confused.

"Bon, what's going on?" Elena asked worriedly and Stefan nodded.

"We need to leave." Bonnie replied immediately. She didn't trust vampires but she knew that what Kol was saying was true.

Bonnie looked over at Shane who stood on the shore throwing rocks into the water. She sighed and turned to face the group around her. Rebekah, Damon, Stefan, Elena, and Jeremy sat near her with confused looks on their faces.

"I am not leaving this godforsaken island without the cure." Rebekah spat.

"Finding that cure is going to get us all killed." Bonnie said calmly.

"What are you talking about?" Stefan asked.

Bonnie looked over at Rebekah and said, "You need to know something."

"What?" Rebekah wondered.

"Your brother Kol is alive. He's with Klaus, Elijah, and Caroline right now." Bonnie said quickly.

"What!?" Elena and Damon yelled.

Shane looked over at them confused and Bonnie told them, "Lower your voices! Shane is possessed by Silas. We need to leave her without trouble."

"So what do you recommend we do?" Stefan asked.

"Hold up… My brother is alive?" Rebekah asked as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes,"

"If you are lying to me, I swear to god I will snap your neck right here and now." Rebekah said dangerously low.

"If you don't believe me, call Caroline's phone." Bonnie said as she handed Rebekah her cell phone.

Rebekah looked at Bonnie with narrowed eyes but took the phone anyway. She went into the phonebook and when she finally found Caroline's number she clicked it. Rebekah put the phone to her ear and waited for somebody to answer.

"Hello?" Caroline asked on the other end of the line confused.

"Caroline," Rebekah acknowledged.

Caroline looked between the three brothers and Kol extended his hand for the phone. Caroline gave him the phone and he put it to his ear.

"Greetings from the dead," Kol greeted.

"Kol," Rebekah breathed out shocked.

"Did you miss me?" Kol asked as a grin formed on his lips. He knew that Rebekah couldn't see him but he couldn't help it.