Chapter 8

Once they made their way to the Gilbert household they stepped inside. Kol went into the living room and spotted two naked people lying side by side.

Kol burst out laughing as he recognized Klaus and Caroline together.

Klaus' eyes shot open and so did Caroline's.

"You're back," Klaus breathed out.

"Was I interrupting something?" Kol said as a smirk appeared on his face.

Klaus narrowed his eyes at his brother and covered Caroline's bare body.

"I'm glad you're back but do you think you could maybe go outside for a moment?" Klaus asked his brother.

"Yeah sure," Kol said with a shrug.

He turned away from the two of them and left the barrier and both Elijah and him went outside and stood on the porch.

"So um, when did that happen?" Kol asked Elijah.

"I'm assuming it was recently." Elijah said.

"Last time I saw the two of them together she couldn't stand him, so what changed?" Kol asked.

"Your death?" Elijah assumed.

"My death?" Kol asked.

"Yeah, the Gilbert boy staked you in the heart with the white oak stake and the witch put a barrier in the living room so now Klaus and Caroline are stuck in there until the spell lifts."

"So if it is a barrier then how did I get out?" Kol asked confused.

"Tamara, the witch that brought you back concluded that the barrier was only supposed to keep Klaus in there but Caroline is stuck in there as well because they're mates."

"I beg your pardon?" Kol asked. Klaus had a mate, and it was Caroline?

"Yeah, I couldn't believe it either but it's the truth."

"So you're telling me, that after 1000 years Klaus finally found his mate?" Kol asked.

"That is exactly what I'm saying." Elijah replied.

"Is Caroline okay with that?" Kol asked as he furrowed his brows in confusion.

"I'm assuming she is, because of what we just saw." Elijah said as he straightened out his suit.

"I've missed you Elijah, I really have." Kol said honestly.

"As have I little brother," Elijah said as he embraced Kol.

"I can't believe this." Caroline said as she slipped on her discarded articles of clothing.