Homecoming

Hermione waited in the study, she was picking up the mess that was made during the scuffle when she heard a voice.

"Someone should tell the lady of the house we have servants to do that." Lucius said.

Hermione burst into tears and ran to him wrapping herself around him with a death grip. "Oh Lucius, thank god!"

Lucius held her tight and realizing the room was in a worse state than he realized and that there was blood on the rug. His heart began to beat hard as he was trying to deduct the situation.

"Calm down love, where is Severus?" He placed both hands on the sides of her face and looked down into her tearful eyes. She could barely talk. "Hermione, where is Severus." She turned her head toward the hall that led to the dungeons but before she could explain Snape was walking towards them. He had taken his frock coat off and there was blood on his shirt. He still looked like he was about to boil over with rage.

"You had a visitor Lucius. I showed him to his room for the evening." Snape scowled.

Hermione ran to Snape. "Severus your bleeding!" He had a cut on his neck that was running down his shirt.

"Will one of you please tell me what's going on?" Lucius was getting impatient.

"Gilderoy Lockhart showed up looking for you." Hermione said. "He said you canceled is contract or something."

"And that's why the study is a mess and Snapes bleeding?" Lucius asked looking confused.

"He attacked Hermione." Snape said through gritted teeth as he was holding his hand over the cut on his neck. Lucius jaw tightened and he was breathing heavy.

Hermione grabbed his hand. "I'm completely fine, Severus ..."

Lucius cut her off. "Where is he." He demanded.

"The dungeon. I crucio'd him." Severus said quietly.

"Severus you didn't!" Hermione said in disbelief. The crucio curse would inflict great pain on its victim but if it were reversed quick enough no permanent damage would be done. One could also be sent to Azkaban for using it.

"I reversed it." He said.

"How long?" Hermione couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"It was quick." He looked down.

"Don't either of you go down there!" She was beyond angry. Hermione pulled her wand out and headed toward the dungeons.

Snape looked up at Lucius. "He was on top of her. I thought he was" Severus couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence.

"He's lucky that's all you did to him." Lucius looked at his old friend with obvious worry on his face.

Hermione returned from the dungeons to find the two wizards sitting on the sofa in the study. Everything had been put back in order and cleaned.

"How is our houseguest?" Lucius asked.

"He's babbling, but outside of that he appears to be ok." She sat down between the two after inspecting Severus' neck. "We can't keep him here. He needs to be at St. Mungo's."

"I'll do it." Severus said.

"Absolutely not." Lucius said. "This is my fault. He would have never shown up here if it weren't for me." Lucius argued.

"Lucius, I crucio'd him. They'll know when they exam him. If you're seen anywhere near him they'll think you did it."

"I'll transfigure, no one will know. I will not debate this with either of you." Lucius was firm.