🦷 ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡʀɪsᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀNɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs 🦷 (Belphegor & Mammon)

A LIL BIT OF ANGST IG??? // BELPHEGOR // MAMMON // INJURY TINGS

TW: small mention of broken bones ; it ain't nsfw but there's smooching in case you ain't with all of that

I fractured my wrist roller skating so this is my way of venting (????? ig) forgive me if it's lowkey bad my mind isn't working bc of this dumbass pain >:^{

Word Count: 2385

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂

Fuck. The impact of the floor against your wrist sent a spear of pain up your arm as you sucked in air through your teeth- sometimes when you're amongst powerful and incomprehensibly strong demons you forget that you are very much a mortal with annoyingly delicate bones. You thought to yourself that the pain would probably fade away soon and took off your skates, holding them in your right hand, keeping your weakened left wrist close to your chest and made your way back inside the house of lamentation.

Setting yourself down on the steps in the main hall, you winced, your adrenaline now washing away and the full blow of the injury kicking in. So you sat there, humming to yourself and lightly stroking your wrist as you chewed your lip, tiny teardrops rolling down as you convinced yourself that it's just a small injury. "Awh MC, ya' done skating already?" You hear the Avatar of Greed coo out from behind you. He casually slouched down on the step as you responded with a pained chuckle,
"Mm, yeah, I thought I should rest for a bit."

When he heard the slight roughness in your voice Mammon hastily turned to kneel in front of you. "M-Mc?! Wh-huh? Yer cryin'! Did it hurt that bad- ah jeez what should I do- should I getcha' some ice?"
"Calm down Monnie otherwise you're gonna make me panic too. . ." You sighed, wiping your cheek as you brought yourself up. "I'll get some ice for myself okay? I just- ack!" With your head feeling fuzzy, you felt the pain in your wrist spike up. For some reason the sensation felt unbearable and it didn't help that your hearing started to block out.
"Mc? Mc? Stop scarin' me n' respond!" The sound of Mammon's pleas came through to you. Holding your head you whined, another set of tears leaking out.
"S-s-sorry Monnie, I can't really think p-properly." You couldn't figure out why your voice and hands were shaking, having gotten plenty of injuries in the devildom before.

After some bickering between you and Monnie (he accidentally pushed your hand and furthered your suffering in the midst of this) he finally forced you to sit still by the railings of the stairs as he called some sort of human specialist doctor, an angrily concerned hand on his hip. You weren't really paying enough attention to realise how much he looked like an angry mother. You just tried to hush yourself and make the pain go away.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂

"Mammon was totally right, you are a dumbass," Belphie sniggered, looking at you through lazy lidded eyes as he lounged on the attic bed. You sat cross legged at the end of the bed, inspecting the splint with a pout.
"No he isn't! I'm telling you it would have happened with or without protective gear!" You seethed in a frustrated tone. Combined with the stiff soreness, everything seemed to annoy you.
"Mmmhmm, alright MC don't get your hair in a twist." He gave a tired groan, moving to lie on his stomach in front of you. Blinking at the affliction the demon chuckled, closing his eyes. "Nehhh, humans are so dainty." You could practically feel the smug smirk radiating off of him as he continued after your grumble. "I suppose dainty is t'much of a pretty word. . .maybe puny? Yeah puny is waaay better~"

Pulling at the quilt like a child in a tantrum you jump up, spouting a quick goodbye. Usually you'd be chill with Belphie's poking fun of you- hell, usually you'd play along! But right now was not the time, your arm was killing you and all you wanted was to get your mind off of it not have a cheeky little demon ringing in your ear.