T W O

Sarakiel's home put Myrin's to shame.

Although I had never really seen much of Myrin's home I knew that my deduction was not wrong.

The large mansion laid on both halves of his territory, half of the mansion on the northern side and the other half on the western side. The building was created of white smooth walls, a few grey stone walls thrown in around the mansion. The windows were rimmed with a charcoal black paint, and many archways decorated the mansion. Purple plants that hung from the balconies, and black and white checkered floors, led around to the massive patio in the back that overlooked a pristine lawn that was set in tiers.

It was truly a sight to behold and I had yet to even see the inside.

I clutched the heavy jacket tighter over my shoulders as the chill mountain air blew a strong gust over my frail body, threatening to knock me over. I stumbled into the Two standing on my left.

His hand shot out to steady me, but the touch of his fingers burned my skin and I jumped away with a hiss, baring my fangs at him like an angry cat.

The Two lifted his hands in a sign of surrender and took a pace back to prove he meant no ill will.

With one last glare at him I buried my nose in the jacket—his jacket oddly enough—and padded after the others who were now entering the mansion, the doors opened by who I assumed was the butler.

The older male looked at me with a mixture of shock and disgust as I walked past him in nothing but a coat. I smirked to myself, wondering what his reaction would have been had I had my way and been in nothing but my bare skin.

Sarakiel had strongly insisted that I at least make it to my room before I took off the jacket.

My bare feet slapped against the white and gold flecked marble that covered the foyer floor of the mansion. I looked around at the towering white walls and arches with wonder.

Immediately upon entrance a staircase arched up to my left and its twin was on my right where they met in the middle and then once again diverge in opposite directions. The white marble was carved with a floral design near the top where the glossy black railing stood proudly above the staircase.

A famous painting from the last Paramount war depicted a gory scene where two males stood above the rest, their eyes glowing in their pure forms as they tore into each other with their claws out and their teeth bared. It was a rather gruesome sight to have present first thing upon entrance, but I couldn't help but smile.

The gold frame around it really made it pop, forcing you to notice it, if the massive size of it didn't already command your attention.

I let my eyes linger on it for a moment more before following after my small entourage that had walked through the archway beneath the staircase. The Twos broke off from Sarakiel and I immediately trailed after the Twos, assuming they would be the ones to lead me to the room I would be staying in but to my surprise Sarakiel called me over to him.

He looked at me with an amused expression. "Equals remember?"

Equals indeed.

Never before had I ever heard of a One lowering himself to show a female to her quarters, well one that wasn't his own for the obvious reason anyway.

I trailed after him through the hallway we had broken off at.

He eventually stopped at a door, holding it open for me to enter.

What I noticed first was that the walls were not the same white as the bulk of the mansion. The ceiling was not flat like I expected, instead it was steeped. Rustic grayish-brown wooden panels covered the wall on my left and up the slanted ceiling and down to the floor.