15th December 4:19 pm

Ist Installment

I can't believe what was in the will. I truly agree with Hermione that if this got in the hands of the Ministry it would start a new era. 
I suppose I should start from the beginning. . .

I  reached Hermione's house by 9:45 am, and I guess she saw me standing, because Rose came and told me to come inside and wait.
I had heard that Hermione's house is big, but I didn't expect it to be so big. Her living room was very airy, spacious and well-lighted with lavish furniture. I had just started to take in everything, when Hermione appeared. 

We got over our greetings pretty quickly, and she told me to step out with her. Once we were outside, she told me the rules. She said that I was a family friend, and that when asked I will say that I agreed to come, and was not forced. 
I said yes, then she told me to hold her hand while she apparated. Can I just say for the record that, it was the most awkward moment of probably both our lives? But anyway, we acted mature and soon enough we were walking towards her lawyer's office. 

To break the silence, I said, "So, does your lawyer know about the whole wizarding thing?" 
She replied, "Not exactly." I guess she could see that I was waiting for an answer (still) so she continued, "Well, he knows that I'm a witch, but he doesn't know the details of our world." 
I was about to ask something else, when she said, "Oh! We're here. Come on in." 

I didn't have much of an option so I went. As I stepped in, the first thing I noticed was that, practically everyone was either wearing grey or black. 
I asked her, "Why is everyone wearing grey or black? Did someone die here?" She stifled a laugh and said, "No, no. That is their somehow-understood dress code. Yes. Excuse me. I'm here for the reading of my late husband's will? ", she asked turning to the receptionist (it was called that. . . or was it. . . NEVER-MIND). 
"Are you M.s.Weasley?", she asked looking up.
"Yes." 
"Then you must be Mr.Potter, I assume?", asked turning to me. But before I could reply, Hermione said, "Oh no! I mean, it says Potter there? Must be a mistake on my side. It's actually Mr.Malfoy." 
"Okay, very well; but please take care next time, M.s.Weasley."

She then led us to some room with big files and folders, and thick books stacked everywhere. The man sitting across the table was going through some documents. He looked up and told me us to take a seat. 

He first spoke to me. " I assume you are. . . Mr.Malfoy?" 
"Yes", I replied.

He then turned to Hermione and said, "Are you sure this is the will?" " Yes. It was kept in the folder marked 'Will', so. . . yes. Why? Is there any problem?", she asked.
"No. It's just that it seems more like a document stating things, rather than his last wish.", said the lawyer. (I noticed his name plate; it said 'Mr.John Black'.) " Listen, John. I didn'y come here to hear you tell me that it isn't Ron's will, so if you don't mind, can you start reading it?", I was surprised to hear that tone of Hermione, because she said it only when she gets really angry.

" Very well. Here it goes-

(. . . to be continued)