Chapter 12

Your P.O.V

"Paladins. Oh how I've missed you." You smile tiredly. They were in your room, just smiling in relief.

" Queen Y/n. How are you feeling?" Keith asked holding your other hand whiles Shiro held the other.

" I'm OK. Just a little tired. I'll be fine. But I hope to see battle strategies, improvement of training and work when I get out of bed." I say sternly. The paladins nod along with Allura.

" We're glad to have you back Ms Queen." Shiro blushed. I smiled and squeezed his hand.

" You should all go to bed, yeah? Tomorrow we are heading to free another planet. " Allura suggested. I simply nodded agreeing with her. The paladins groan but nod nonetheless. Both Keith and Shiro kiss my cheek before leaving. I blush and watch as everyone leaves but Allura.

" What was that? " She asks me squealing slightly. I shake my head unsure of what's going on.

" I...... don't know." I say slowly as i look my sister in the eye. She smirks and shakes her head.

" Well I'm off to bed. Goodnight Sister. I'm so glad to have you back. " Allura says embracing me in a hug. I smile and kiss her cheek.

" I love you darling. "

" I love you too."

Allura soon leaves and I tilt my head in curiosity. I wasn't expecting Keith to kiss me. He seemed to not like me whatsoever but I knew he did. He may not show it but he was very fond of everyone. Smiling, I lie down and close my eyes drifting to sleep immediately.

Next Day

I wake up and feel that my energy returns and that I feel rejuvenated. I still feel weak but it's better than being bed ridden. Standing up, I wobble a little bit but still I am able to walk. I stand up and dress in my training outfit. Looking at the time, I see it is early morning. I walk out of my room to the training grounds only to see Keith already there. Entering, he stops and looks at me a red tint adorning his features.

" Good Morning Queen Y/n." He says as he does one final slash causing the training drone to dissipate.

"Good Morning Keith." I smile. He looks at me and shakes his head.

" You should be in bed resting." He says walking towards me. I nod but sigh summoning my scythe.

"I know but I'm fine. All I need to do is train, I'll be fine." I reassure him. Keith doesn't believe me and still shakes his head.

" No." He says standing in front of me. I could feel his breath fanning my face. I smirk slightly.

" How about you fight me? We train together of course. " I suggest walking menacingly around him. Keith raises a brow.

" I'm not fighting you, Queen Y/n. " Keith disagrees.

" Oh, because you don't think you can beat me?" I raise a brow provoking him. Keith growls and glares at me. I giggle slightly.

" Fine. You wanna lose so bad. Let's go."

"I won't lose, my dear. Let's start of with team fighting the drones, then when we finish, we verse each other, yeah?"

"Deal." Smirking, I go to the controls and order 16 simulation drones of level 9. Keith and I stand back to back then all drones appear and begin running in our direction.

Ducking weakly, I barely dodge a drone before slicing it between the legs. One down 7 to go.

Taking a quick look at Keith, I see him fighting strongly and roughly. No trouble whatsoever. I on the hand was struggling and getting tired fast. When a drone had tripped, me I groaned and just as a drone about to strike me, they disappeared. I looked to Keith to see him by the simulator controls, glaring at me. Walking fast, he kneeled down next to me.

" I'm fine." I groan standing up. Keith raises a brow and shakes his head sighing.

" Look Y/n. Your not ready to train or get on the battlefield. I'm sorry but I can't let you get hurt again." Keith said looking into my e/c eyes. I stared into his deep violet ones and subconsciously nodded.

" Wait! No. I can do this. I'll be fine." I disagree finally getting out of my trance. Keith growls and shakes his head.

" No. I forbid from going to battle at least not for now." Keith demanded sternly. My brows crease as I look at him.

" Who are you to forbid me? I can do this. " I stand up sadly. Keith does the same towering over you.

" I don't know who I am. You can't and won't do this. Y/n. I'll make sure you don't get on that battle field. Your not ready."

I gasp slightly but sigh sadly. He was right though. If I couldn't even defeat some measly battle drones, how could I defeat the Galra. I was useless right now. Having no use in this fight. Tears began to stain my cheeks as I brought my knees to my chest.

"Woah. Don't cry please." Keith begged hugging me. I cried into his chest feeling worthless and terrible about myself. Why did this happen to our team? Keith awkwardly pat my back as I cried having no experience in comforting anyone whatsoever. The scene was interrupted by three little ducklings looking for their mom and their favorite but fierce paladin.

" Mommmy! Keith!" I hear my girls shout. Quickly I pull away and wipe my tears. Bending down, I open my arms and welcome them in a hug.

" Girls! Aww look at you, you grew so much and your so beautiful." I smile as I place my hand on Morwana's cheek. She smiles and leans into my touch.

" We missed you!" Tanzinia tilts her head. I giggle and pull them closer.

" I missed you more." I smile brightly having missed these three will all my being. Times like these are rare especially for us. I'll cherish such moments forever.

" Keith! Join the hug. " Lilian insists. Keith awkwardly nods not wanting to upset the little princess. We were like a little family. Little did the five of you know someone was watching the whole scene with curiosity and....

_-_-_-_-_

Hey Guys! I'm sorry for not updating for a long time. I know many of you have probably given up on me and I'm sorry, kinda deserve it. I've recently got into Voltron again and I plan to finish the series by the end of the year. So you'll definitely be getting more updates! I changed this book into a Keith x Reader X Shiro book because Keith has recently been giving me vibes. AGAIN. Please don't be mad. Anyways please remember I'm in a boarding school and will only get my phone on certain days or when the matron feel like it. So I'll be writing on my computer. Hope you guys are healthy and happy in this terrible time and are not too angry at me. By the way, I'll be re-editing this book as I noticed a lot of grammar mistakes and stuff. I didn't notice them before and I'm really sorry. I've got an updated writing style now so you'll get more stuff

Love you!

-Marvelstan0905