Chapter 1: Home

A/N: Alright, I'm gonna try doing a threesome story with Hiccup, Astrid, and Valka. This story takes place two months after Httyd 2 and it won't be as long as most of my stories, it's just something I want to write and give a try. Anyway, hope you guys like it.

(Normal pov— Isle of Berk)

Two months.

It has been two months since Drago and his Bewilderbeast attacked Berk; two months since Hiccup had taken up the chiefdom of Berk, two months since Berk started another chapter in its long history of rebuilding what was destroyed, two months since he found his long lost mother... and two months since his father, Stoick the Vast, died saving his son; pushing him out of the way of the possessed Night Fury, taking the killing blow right in his chest.

The night Stoick witnessed his wife, Valka, being carried away forever, or so he thought, was the night he made a vow that as long as he lived, he would not let anything harm Hiccup. Stoick knew he wouldn't survive the plasma blast... he knew he wouldn't be able to spend the time he lost with his wife, finding her after twenty long years, he knew he would not see his son marry Astrid, he knew he would not be there to see his first grandchild, and hopefully many more... and he knew that he would never see his son become the Chief of Berk.

But he knew Hiccup would live.

Live to fight another day, live to protect Berk, live to marry his love, live to see his children grow up and most importantly, live to reconnect and grow close with his mother. Stoick admitted he had his time with his son and he enjoyed every second of it, especially the last five years when Hiccup sacrificed so much for his village. He prepared him the best way he could to take up the chiefdom, and he would most undoubtedly be proud of seeing his son accept the title of Chief and already rebuilding Berk in his vision for the future. He knew Berk would be in safe hands the day he would depart from Midgard and go into Valhalla; granted that day came a lot sooner than he was hoping.

That's what Hiccup kept telling himself as he drew over new designs for buildings in a Hooligan warship that was at the head of a massive fleet of ships that flew the Hooligan banner. After Drago's defeat, the rest of his Northern Alliance lashed out at the people of Scandinavia, this gave the Viking people cause to unite as one people and fight back against the hostile army of foreign invaders. One would think that a war such as this would take years, but thankfully, Hiccup proposed that they send Shadow Walkers to assassinate Drago's warlords which would and did eventually left the foreign army leaderless. These foreigners would fight dishonorably against them, so why should the Scandinavian people fight honorably?

With this foreign army all leaderless, the Viking kingdoms and tribes of Scandinavia as well as their dragons came together as one and washed away Drago's forces in rivers of blood. When all the foreigners were dead and all their enslaved dragons were free, Hiccup and his allies split the wealth that Drago had amassed to fuel his operations; every Viking ruler left the battlefield with a mountain of gold, silver, precious stones, or other forms of wealth; livestock, grain, leftover weapons to be smelted down to produce more steel, as well as the dragons the enemy had enslaved, once Hiccup had taught them how to bond properly with dragons who had rough times with humans like Drago and his army. This conquest and the victory they had secured brought the Scandinavian people closer than ever before, for when their very way of life was being threatened, they rallied to one man that lead them to a victory that would become legendary and would be spoken of for generations to come.

And that man was Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III.

The new chief of Berk was driven not only by zeal but also vengeance; it was because of Drago that his father was now dead, but with that madman and his followers gone from Midgard, Hiccup could now focus on ruling Berk and make sure his people thrived and prospered during this new age of peace.