~Chapter 21: Now We Can Play Forever~

The boys were staring in shock of what had just happened. Smalls then walked over the fallen fence & tried to lift it up. He was asking the boys to help him, but they didn't want to risk nothing of the Beast.

"Come on guys, help me! Please!?", he pleaded. He then turned around to look at us.

"Benny, Ari, help me please! He's hurt!", he pleaded also.

Me & Benny nodded at each other & went over to where Smalls was. Benny went next to Smalls & I went next to Benny. We then used all our strength to lift it up a bit. It was a success & the Beast walked out from underneath. We let go of the fence breathing heavily in exhaustion of how heavy it was.

As Smalls & I turned around, we saw the Beast panting in our faces. Our faces went from no expression to it looked like we had seen a ghost. I was shaking a little, because I was deathly afraid of big dogs. All the boys were still shook. Benny got up quickly & backed up away from us, worried about that the Beast would attack.

Instead of the Beast attacking, it ended up licking both of our faces. I'm guessing he was doing that to show how much he appreciated what we did. Both of our faces were covered in slobber.

Smalls just had a disgusted face with all the slob.

"Eww, ok boy. That's a good dog.", I giggled with petting him gently. Benny & the boys just looked at us, wondering had just happened. The Beast then walked away from us.

Benny ran over to me & hugged me gently. "I'm glad you're okay babe.", he said smiling.

"Yes of course, I'm okay baby.", I giggled. He took out a little handkerchief from his pocket.

"Here, let me clean your face. You're a mess.", he chuckled while cleaning my face gently.

"Wait, why do you have a handkerchief in your pocket for?" I giggled.

"Cause you never know when you're gonna need it.", he chuckled as he was done cleaning my face.

"Makes alot more sense. Hee hee, thank you.", I giggled. Benny gave the handkerchief to Smalls for him to clean his face also.

...

The Beast was walking to a certain area of the backyard, and we all decided to follow him. Benny took my hand & we walked over. We saw the Beast digging in the dirt. In my mind, I was wondering what it could've buried.

The Beast ended up digging out all the old baseballs that had went over the fence. Me & all the boys looked at each other smiling.

"Woah, now we can play forever.", Benny said.

"Yeah we can. But I think we should definitely confront Mr. Mertle now about this situation.", I said speaking facts. All the boys turned around & looked at me.

"Ari, are you crazy!? What if he puts us in juvie for this!?", Squints said.

"Squints, you're being dramatic. He can't do nothing. We just have to tell him and apologize. It's the right thing to do.", I explained.

"Ari's right. Who's gonna go up to him?", Bertram asked.

"Me and Ari will go. We're the ones that made all this happen.", Benny said.

"Okay guys, good luck.", Smalls said. I grabbed the Beast gently by his collar & me & Benny walked to the back door. I was really nervous about this to be honest. I really hope this goes good.