~Chapter 17: Benny Takes A Risk~

After running a few miles from Benny's house, we finally made it to the Sandlot. When we had got there, we told the boys Benny's plan that he had in mind. They were honestly shook about his decision, and I still was also. But we decided to go along with it.

We walked over to the fence & Benny set his shoe box down. He took out a new brand of P.F. Flyers he had, they had look exactly like his other ones to be exact. They were said to be made a kid run faster and jump higher. I sure hope they are. I was honestly really scared for Benny to attempt this, because one kid did, but got eaten, as the boys told me.

He put the shoes on & started walking towards the fence.

"Babe wait.", I said stopping him.

He turned around & looked at me & the others.

"It's okay. All this was my fault. You don't have to do this.", I told him being scared & worried.

"Yeah come on Benny man, you don't have to do it. Forget about it. It's like co**i**ing s*i*ide Benny. Don't do it.", Squints said.

"Yeah don't do it Benny." "Yeah don't do it.", Timmy & Tommy said.

"Yeah I do babe. I have to do this.", Benny said holding my hand & then letting go of it.

"No baby please! I don't want you to get hurt...", I said getting upset & grabbing his arm.

"I'll be okay baby. I promise, I got this.", he said looking into my eyes & kissing my forehead.

He got on top of a car hood that was very old & he turned around to look at us.

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong.", he thought to himself.

"Be careful baby."

He gave us a thumbs up & slowly jumped over the fence.

...

He looked around & saw everything that was in that yard. From old toys to old junk from the past, there was alot to see. He then saw the doghouse where the Beast was in & he heard growling coming from it.

The Beast then came out from the doghouse with the ball in its mouth. Benny looked at him, ready to make a move. The Beast spit the ball of out its mouth & the ball rolled in between them two.

Benny looked at the ball & then at the Beast, getting ready to sprint. He cracked his knuckles & looked one more time. He then sprinted really fast, sliding on the ground & grabbing the ball. He got up real fast & ran to climb the fence. The Beasts chain snapped, but thank god Benny climbed before it could get him.

He jumped over the fence & fell on his back. Me & all the boys cheered for him that he risked it.

"Oh my god baby, you did it!", I yelled giving him a hug. I was just glad that he was okay & that nothing happened.