~Chapter 20: Dead End~

The other boys had already gotten to the Sandlot while we were still running over there. The boys stopped & panted, running out of breath from running.

"Where are they? Anyone see them?", Ham asked.

"I don't see them.", Squints said.

"There they are!", Small said pointing in our direction.

Me & Benny were running as fast as we could, because the Beast was catching up to us.

"Oh no.", Squints said knowing that we were probably screwed.

As me & Benny were running, I heard a tear & Benny grunting from right next to me. The Beast had ripped some of the back off his jersey off. Benny was sweating so much & running out of breath.

"Come on Benny, push through baby!", I said.

"We're gonna have to jump over the fence again now! We have no where else to go!", Benny said.

I nodded & jumped on the fence, climbing & jumping off to the other side. I landed on my feet while Benny landed on his back. Ouch, that must've hurt.

"Babe, are you okay!? You hit your back pretty hard!", I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go, he's coming!", he said grabbing my hand. The Beast then broke through the bottom of the fence.

We tried to find somewhere to run, but nothing. So it turned out we hit a dead end. We both were standing in front of the dog house, not knowing what to do.

The fence then started to fall over. I huddled into Benny's chest, while he wrapped his arms around me, covering to protect me.

"Look out!", Benny yelled.

The fence fell to the ground & dirt went flying everywhere in the air. The boys looked at what just happened in shock. We then looked to see the fence fallen down, & the Beast underneath it. He looked at us & whimpered.

"Aww, the poor dog.", I said in worry.

"Aww man. We're definitely screwed.", Benny muttered under his breath.