10. late night stroll

Jordyn sighed, dragging her feet to the balcony door, sliding it open she stepped out, still in her shorts and plain white tee

Jordyn sighed, dragging her feet to the balcony door, sliding it open she stepped out, still in her shorts and plain white tee. She leaned over the metal railing, just enjoying the view in front of her. The beach just a short walk from the vila, the moon standing tall in the middle of the black sky. But soon enough he gaze landed on the figure, sneaking out of the house just below her.

"Howdy stranger" she used her beloved southern accent making him snap his head up with a horrified look on his face. He walked backwards away from under her balcony to get a better view at her.

"What are you doing awake?" The scouser shook his head with a sigh, folding his arms across his chest while he bit his lips. Jordyn only shrugged "where are you sneaking off to?" Jordyn raised her perfectly arched eyebrow, seeing as he was still in his basketball shorts and a red Liverpool tee.

"The beach" he answered. Jordyn nodded her head. An awkward silence fell on the two before Jordyn mumbled a 'goodnight' and turned around to go back into her room.

"Wanna come with?" He asked just before her feet landed on the floor.

"Sure" Jordyn stepped in, slid the door shut to avoid the hot air to interfere with the A/c in the house. She grabbed her phone on the bed and lightly jogged down the stairs, meeting him just by the pool. Trent shoved his hands into his front pockets as she folded her arms across her chest, glancing around the grass to avoid looking at him.

They walked down the path to the beach and sat down a good distance from the waves crashing in. The two of them sat in a comfortable silence, looking out at the horizon. Trent had his eyes set on the water but soon enough his gaze accidentally landed on her, and he got stuck. Jordyn looked perfect in his opinion, her face was illuminated by the moonlight, her lips looking softer than his bed and her eyelashes were long and curved upwards. But her eyes, there was something about her eyes that made him stop for a second and catch his breath.

Some would say that she looked tired, but Jordyn hadn't felt this alive in months.

Just then she turned her head to the side, meeting his gaze with a questioning look. A smile formed on her face, she laughed and Trent swore right he then and there that her laugh was the most beautiful laugh that had reached his ears. His stone face softened and a smile tugged on the sides of his lips.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jordyn laughed, feeling her face heat up. Trent only shrugged like she did, a playful smile on his lips while he continued to look at her. Jordyn rolled her eyes and shoved him lightly.

"Sing for me"

Jordyn scrunched her eyebrows together and brushed out laughing again "What?" Jordyn tilted her head at him, seriously questioning if he was her stalker.

"Tammy mentioned that you wrote songs when you were younger" He chuckled, leaning back on his arms, not bothered that he had a white tee and the sand would probably stick to it. Jordyn chewed on her bottom lip, not sure if she should or not.

"Come on, I'm sure you have something in mind, dreams don't die that fast" Trent nudged her arm, urging her to sing since he was invested when Tammy mentioned the word 'sing' to him.

With a sigh Jordyn nodded, turning to him.

"Here in your backyard, building a fantasy
Fuck reality, do you want to know, know me
Do you want to know me?"

Jordyn paused and glanced at him, before she could continue, she bursted out laughing at herself, shaking her head violently.

"Why'd you stop!" Trent exclaimed, his smile growing wider into a grin. Jordyn only shook her head and looked down at her hands.

"Why'd you stop?" Trent suddenly got serious, his index finger and thumb grasped her chin, lifting up her face. Jordyn titled her head, liking his touch more than she should.

"Stop chasing after your dream?" He too tilted his had to the side, his hand fell back to his side as he copied her movement. Jordyn shrugged for the millionth time, silently asking herself the same question.

"It's never to late you know" He tucked a strand of her curly hair behind her hair.

Their eyes locked and for a split second, Jordyn thought that it was love she saw in his eyes. Their body's moved like magnets, moving closer and closer until she could practically hear his heartbeat and she was sure that he could hear hers too. Her brown eyes dropped down to his lips as his did the same. Jordyn felt as if she was dreaming. Their lips brushed against one another before Trent quickly moved away, clearing his throat.

Jordyn nodded her head, feeling as if this Trent was a complete different person. The bickering only happened when they were around the others, moments like these made her rethink whether or not it was all a facade Trent put up in front of her. Or if he was bipolar. Either way Jordyn was tired of it.

"I should probably get back" Jordyn nodded fiddling with her fingers as she stood up and dusted herself off. Trent nodded, gave her a smirk that made her heart almost skip a beat.

"Goodnight Jordyn"