6. Tropical paradise

"I don't know Jordy, it feels like a lot is coming your way" Amanda mumbled as Jordyn sat on her messy bed, just enjoying the stillness

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"I don't know Jordy, it feels like a lot is coming your way" Amanda mumbled as Jordyn sat on her messy bed, just enjoying the stillness.

"Like what?" Jordyn became intrigued, wanting to know what her best friend had picked up "I sense new beginnings, someone from your past might try to enter your life again, it does not look all sunshine and rainbows in my opinion" Amanda looked quite worried. Amanda continued with the reading, carefully examined the tarot cards laid in front of her on the small coffee table.

"I can see that you'll get the confirmation or some sort of clarity you've been waiting for, maybe a job or something" Amanda tied her hair into a low bun, looking at the cards with mixed emotions.

"Oh, confirmation" Jordyn was eager to find out what she had coming. Jordyn nodded her head, taking in the information lightly since she was still unsure of what to think about the whole spirituality stuff that Amanda had gotten into.

"Well, that's interesting" Jordyn laughed, flipping her hair over her shoulder, trying not to let it get to her head.

"Just be careful alright, I know you don't believe in this stuff. You still have that crystal I gave you right?"

Jordyn nodded her head, pointing her camera at the side table where the crystal laid along with her water bottle.

"Good, I'll call tomorrow alright, gotta help nan make dinner"

"Bye" Jordyn blew a kiss at the camera and pressed the red button.

She decided to lay low for a while, just hanging around her room, listening to music and overall not caring about the world around her for a moment.

Jordyn sighed, turning her head over to her phone, just a few inches away from her fingers, the familiar ringtone echoed through the room as she froze up. The number was unknown, but then again how many people had knew her number? Jordyn furrowed her eyebrows, picking up her phone and answering it, staying silent as she did so.

"Hello?"

The too familiar voice sent shivers down her spine, Jordyn got caught up in the moment that she didn't find the words.

"You there Jordyn?" He chuckled nervously, running his hand through his head as he leaned over the hotel balcony. He had just landed in the tropical paradise, taking his break just like the rest of the celebrities around this season.

"Mhm" Jordyn finally made a sound, a hundred thoughts running through her head at the same time.

"I saw Tammy's story, I'm just twenty minutes away. So I was wondering if you wanted to meet up, I know this amazing bar, it overlooks the beach nearby" He drew in a breath, hoping to get another chance with her. It was silent on the line for a moment as Jordyn carefully thought about her actions, debating if it was the right decision to let him in again.

"Send me the address"

So there she was, standing in the entrance of the bar, looking around the room for the familiar face. Only to find him sitting on the bar stools, his eyes already set on her. Jordyn walked over to him, sitting down next to him, keeping a barstool between them.

"Thank you for coming" He started off but was soon cut off by her voice, ordering a drink for herself.

"Why'd you want to meet up?" Jordyn sipped on her fresh margarita, stirring the short straw around while her eyes wandered around the room to avoid his burning gaze.

"Look I'm sorry for the shit that I caused you, I was irresponsible back then I didn't want any commitment and I panicked-"

"So you decided to ghost me and not even bother to let me know where we stand?" Jordyn chuckled, amused by the situation they had landed in given that she thought he was perfect for her a year ago.

"A lot can happen in a year Jordyn, I admit it I fucked up, but I want you to know that you meant everything to me, and I'll do anything for a second chance" He grabbed her hand gently, finally getting a chance to look her in the eyes.

"I'll let you know if I'm free sometime" Jordyn left a tip on the counter before she stood up, walking out of the bar and into the jeep that Tammy had let her borrow. The ride home felt like an eternity but when she finally pulled into the driveway, she saw a figure by the door. Jordyn got out and walked up to the door where Trent stood.

"Tammy said that I could borrow the car" He raised his eyebrows, phone in hand, the other empty, waiting for the car keys. Too exhausted to speak, she dropped the keys in his palm, and made a beeline inside before she turned around by his voice.

"Jordyn"

She raised her eyebrows at him, ready for the unnecessary comment he had on her appearance.

"I'm gonna go get food, you wanna come with?"

Jordyn glanced at the groups sitting by the tv watching a movie with a bunch of diabetes filled snacks on the coffee table. She nodded closing the door behind her as she followed him into the heel again, this time sitting in the passenger seat. Trent stated the engine, backing out of the driveway before he drove towards the fast food chain he had driven past a few times. He glanced at the girl in the passenger seat, wondering what could trouble her so badly that she had her head resting on the window, her eyes empty, staring out.

They drove down the hill, the trees hanging out, the ground lights lightning up the road out of their resort, it truly looked like a tropical paradise. Trent wondered if he should ask about her day but remembered that they both stayed inside the whole day and the only time Trent had been away from her the whole week is when she left an hour ago.

He parked his car in front of in and out, and they walked side by side in silence into the restaurant. Jordyn noticed herself shrinking when she stood next to him in line. It was barely any people around since it was pretty late. Only a couple of teenagers in the far corner and a couple just a few seats away.

The two later sat in silence again, eating their burgers without exchanging a word to the other. They finished and walked out of in and out, beginning the ride home with Stormzy playing in the background.

When Trent pulled into the driveway again he glanced at the now half asleep Jordyn, struggling to unbuckle her seatbelt.

"I got it" he mumbled, unbuckling the seatbelt with ease. Jordyn sighed, leaning back in her seat. They sat in silenced, Jordyn staring out at the sea as their villa was on a cliff after all.

"What's up with you?"

Jordyn chuckled, his scouser accent made it funnier than it was.

"Don't know, I'm just so tired"

Trent nodded opening his car door and walked around to open hers. Jordyn looked at him with a suspicious look.

"What? You obviously don't want to talk about it, don't feel like you have to"  Trent helped her out of the matte black Jeep and closed the door behind her, walking by her side into the house again.

𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 ; Trent Alexander Arnoldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें