Twenty-Four

I sighed, placing another one of my blouses in my suitcase. Meliodas helped me, him having already packed with Quinn and Miguel. In about thirty minutes we'll arrive at the docks, and I'll leave without my family. I don't know if I should say goodbye or just leave. It's not like I was really apart of that 'family' anyway.

Meliodas pat my shoulder, causing me to look up at him.

"You okay? You seem down." He asked. I nodded, closing my suitcase.

"All done!" I exclaimed warily, sitting on the edge of my bed. Meliodas sat beside me, folding his hands in between his legs.

"Elizabeth, what's wrong? You know you can tell me everything." I heard him say. I nodded again, sighing.

"I'm just a little tired, you know? My stomach hurts a bit." I stated, trying to think of a good excuse.

"Sorry about that..but I know that's not just it." I looked up at him. He was staring at his feet, his bangs hanging loosely by his eyes. "If you don't want to leave with me, you don't have to. You can leave with your family. I won't force you."

"No no! I want to go with you, I do! I just don't know what to say to my sisters. They have no idea that I'm leaving with you, or that I even know you." Meliodas nodded, turning his head to look at me.

"Do you want to go tell them? I'll come with you." I shook my head, leaning on his shoulder.

"I wasn't really apart of the family anyway. Being the youngest daughter just means that I'm dead weight, not that important to father or mother." Meliodas wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Your not dead weight, you know that. Well, at least to me your not." Meliodas stated, kissing my forehead. I nodded, closing my eyes. "I love you Elizabeth."

I smiled, my cheeks red. "I love you too, Meli-"

I was interrupted by a loud horn blowing. Meliodas stood up, grabbing my suitcase. I stood up with him, tilting my head in confusion. Meliodas opened to door to my room, grabbing my hand.

"Ready for America darling?" He asked, a smile on his face. I nodded, realizing what the horn was for.

Meliodas led me down the hall and towards the deck, surfing through the crowds of people in the hallways. There was a mix of second, third, and first class passengers heading towards the deck. It made me giggle, the way Meliodas frantically said sorry to everyone he bumped into.

We finally reached the stairs leading up, Meliodas holding out his forearm in a 'fancy-like' way. I linked my arm with his, starting up the stairs. People all around us were rushing towards the, evidently, pushing us farther. I laughed as we began running instead, grabbing hold of each others hands.

We soon reached the deck, people excitedly talking. Meliodas pushed through the crowd towards the railing. Following him, I reached out my hands and grabbed the smooth metal. Meliodas pulled me beside him, placing and arm around my waist.

I peered out into the horizon, seeing the docks. It was a beautiful sight. People were crowded around, waving at us and calling out to loved ones. Meliodas waved to unknown people, yelling 'Hello' any chance he got. I could feel the ship come to a stop as it stopped in the docks. Meliodas turned to me, pulling me in for a kiss. I kissed him back, the people on the docks cheering. I smiled, looking at the crowd.

Each person looked different, they were less pale. Except one boy.

He looked around 15-16 with black hair. His eyes were green and his hair was swept back. He was looking at me with this disturbed face, his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth slightly open. He had this red scarf wrapped around his neck, it blowing slightly in the wind. He was a spitting image of Meliodas, almost like a twin.

I brushed it off, the rail leading down to the actual dock itself open now. Meliodas helped me over to it, holding my hand as we walked down. The boy held his place in the back of my mind.

Meliodas didn't tell me what Zeldris looked like, so I can't even infer that was him. But it was just that face that sent me. It looked too familiar. I can't worry about it now, we have to get to the cabin. Then I can tell Meliodas about it..