Twenty-Three

I folded another one of my dresses as Anne ran to the room, holding one of her dolls in her tiny hands.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wook! Wook!" She exclaimed, holding up her little rag doll. I giggled at her lisp, grabbing the doll.

"Yes Anne? What are you showing mommy?" I asked, bending down slightly. She reached up and pointed to the pink ribbon bow tied around its blonde hair.

"Mommy! Daddy tied this for me!" Anne smiled, her pigtails bobbing.  I nodded, peering up to see Zeldris leaning against the doorway. I patted Anne's head, ushering her out of the room. Zeldris walked over to me, picking up some of my clothes and helping me fold them.

"Hey sweetheart." He said, bumping his hip against mine. I smiled, picking up another dress.

"Hey baby." I replied, turning to face him. Zeldris stopped folding the clothes and looked at me (I get some questions about height, so before I get height comments, Gelda and Zeldris are the same height, Meliodas is taller than Elizabeth by two inches).

"What about Mr. Willburry? No work today?" I asked, tilting my head. Zeldris shook his head, reaching out and placing his hands on my waist. He pulled me closer towards him, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Requested off even though I need to work the extra hours. I just need to see him again Gelda." Zeldris sighed, his muffled voice in my ear. I rubbed his back, playing with his hair a bit.

"I know Zel. Are we going to take Anesthesia with us? Or is it going to be just you?" I asked curiously. Zeldris pulled away, looking into my eyes.

"I think it should just be me. I don't know how he'll react if Anne randomly shouts his name while he comes off of the ship. I don't want him knowing that I'm alive just yet." He remarked, his eyes saddening a bit. I nodded, placing a hand on his cheek.

"It'll be okay love." I said, leaning in to kiss him. Zeldris kissed back, and we pulled away shortly after. I heard a small gag coming from the door. Looking in that direction, I saw Anne fake gagging while holding into her doll. I giggled, pulling away from Zeldris and sneaking towards her. She laughed, running down the hall. Followed after her, scooping Anne up and giving her millions of kisses. She kept laughing about 'cooties' and how they'll 'infect' her.

We giggled some more, Zeldris coming out of our room and wiping his eyes. I looked at him with pity, handing Anne to him.

"I think daddy needs kisses too!" Anne laughed, kissing Zeldris on his forehead. This is all new to me, the whole 'being a parent'. To be honest, it's not that bad..