"I'm sure she already knows... I'm sure she knows you tried your best." Alex's voice found a strength behind his weakened state as he managed to lock his eyes firmly against Marks.

"Yeah... She's still going to be pissed though. Kinda glad I wont have to deal with it." he chuckled lowly with a shake of his head, his head dropping down so his eyes stared at the floor only to grab the partial view of his muddied pants and boots.

"I'm sorry.." Alex said weakly, with his own shake of his head.

"What are you apologizing for?" Mark said in an even deeper tone. "You're worse off than me." he said with another low chuckle.

"I hope Jonah wins..." he replied lowly. "And he does it in enough time so that you can see your child."

"Jonah is dead. Jonah has been dead. You have been dead." the beta said bitterly. "You have had your time, and yet, you both came back to fuck up the lives of others. Thanks." he scoffed, his emotions shifting as he went through the process of grief.

"I don't want to be here..." his voice coming out weakly.

"Yeah, really? I don't want to be here either, but here we are."  Marks voice coming out angry and firm. His head turning over to gaze down the hall at the sound of the guards voices in surprised conversation.

"Master Beta.. What are you doing here?" the guards voice flowed down the hall in obvious confusion.

"Hah. Looks like Jason is winning." Mark smirked. "Guess my waiting time will be shorter than expected." he looked over to the lean brunette once more. "Remember, it's either Mark or Lily. There is no other choices." he said with a nod before he fell silent, and looked back once again at the floor.

-----------

Jason's personal unit was within viewing distance of the female Alpha's own  unit. The rain was hammering down upon them as the thunder rolled in the near distance signaling closely laid lightning strikes. The alpha himself was slashing down foes in easy resolve as he began to close his own distance from the person who captively held his mates form. Her own person being just as lethal to his allies.

His deep green eyes focused exclusively on her, as he progressed forward in his directed movement. It was time to end this. He needed to be able to subdue her, knock her out, end this all, without her bodies life expiring. This is why he so intensely fought, this is why he worked so quickly to seek her out. He asked his allies to leave her to him if they came across her, but he knew if it came down to life or death, they would not be able to keep their accepting promises in regards to his request.

He was also on another time line, needing to end this before Mark's life was subsequently ended. He was under an immense amount of pressure fighting for both his mate and his lifelong friend, both of them being irreplaceable. If he lost either of them, there would be an emptiness within him that he would never be able to fill. This meant, the possibility of losing either,  was not an option.

When he finally reached her, he came down upon her hard and with an immense fury. He attacked while she was in a distracted state, a clenched fist from above raining down upon her face and knocking her form to the ground. Those on his side cheered at the initial blow, it being so powerful that it made those in the surrounding action pause for the briefest moment in recognition. He quickly mounted her and gripped her by the shoulder, leaving blow after blow upon her face, a clearing being made as the fighting around them completely stopped and both parties looked upon the final skirmish that would determine the wars end.