28 Fine! I'll Do It!

"This is a Greystone family secret," Lady Lowenheim glared at Olivia. Lady Lowenheim was about to tell her that she had no right to know any of this information. But then she saw the confused look Olivia gave to Adarian asking for information.

"Greystone is my mothers maiden name," Adarian explained.

"Oh," Olivia said. It hadn't been mentioned in the book. She really wished she could talk to the author. All the tedious daily things characters go through might be boring to read, but this stuff is really 'need to know' once you actually become a part of the book.

"Why doesn't she know the queen's maiden name?" she asked Adarian. Without waiting for him to answer she turned to Olivia, "Why don't you know the queen's maiden name?"

Olivia looked at Lady Lowenheim. This lady didn't like her at all. Would she really be ok if she told her secret? So far the book's description of this woman was spot on. She was elitist, and had a short fuse. She clearly showed what displeased her. She knew Lady Lowenheim was likely not scheming like she was in the book, but what if she was? Would it be ok to just hand her the kind of information that would get her in trouble with the church? Churches that had rules against blasphemy back in the day were really scary right? What if these churches were in some sort of spanish inquisition that she hadn't heard about yet?

She looked to Adarian for help. "If you want to, you can tell her." Adarian told her gently. "She won't tell anyone. But I will tell her my story first."

Olivia nodded, "I'll think about it."

"As this is a conversation that will take a long time, lets go to the treasure room." He stood up and pulled Oliva along with him. They held hands and waited for Lady Lowenheim to join them.

"Of course she knows about the treasure room,"Olivia heard Lady Lowenheim utter under her breath.

Olivia wondered what the rumors would say tomorrow. The king, his Fiance and his rumored mistress all went into the treasure room together. At least Lady Lowenheim was carrying something in a bag. It looked like a gift to give to the king and his fiance.

Hopefully the gift was the only thing that people spoke about.

...

...

In the Treasure room Adarian explained what had happened in his last life. He asked Olivia's permission to divulge information about what was written in the diary. She didn't know what to say. She decided to let him tell his story however he needed to. She knew their stories were intertwined. Though these memories belonged to the original Olivia, she decided she couldn't keep Olivia's story to herself this whole time.

When Adarian told his story to Fredericka, Olivia held his hand and supported him. She knew he was disassociating from the trauma again. She also knew that one of the things that will help him deal with the trauma was to talk about it. They had avoided talking about their individual trauma's. She didn't know how they should start talking about them.

Perhaps talking to Fredericka would help them talk to each other about their individual trauma's.

Fredericka stayed quiet for a while when Adarian was done talking. She gave him a moment. She could tell he was emotional over everything that happened. When she heard that Graciella had drugged her to make her crazy she wondered why Graciella would do such a thing. Olivia looked everywhere but at Fredericka when he told her what she had witnessed Graciella doing to Olivia.

Fredericka was in shock. She needed to process this. She had always viewed Olivia as a horrible person because of the rumors about her. She didn't realize that Olivia had been a victim the entire time. She knew pity was the last thing Olivia needed if she was to heal. But she couldn't help but to pity her. How did she endure all of it?

"What did you bring back?" Fredericka Lowenheim finally asked.

"The diary," Olivia explained. "It appeared where the original was; in my room. So I was able to read what would happen if I kept my marriage to Oscar. I decided to annul the engagement after that. Then I told the Marquis that I wanted to go to the convent in the south."

Fredericka gasped. "The Southern Convent!?"

Olivia nodded. "I didn't know what it was at the time. I'm glad Adarian came back in time to save me from that."

Fredericka looked at her strangely, "What do you mean you didn't know?"

Olivia made the decision after seeing the way Adarian trusted his cousin. She would throw caution to the wind just this once. She wanted a girl to talk to anyway. She knew Adarian could only understand so much of what she was saying. Perhaps together they could piece together what Olivia was saying half the time.

Olivia told Fredericka her story. She wasn't from this world. She wasn't Olivia Praxis. It took a great deal of conversation to finally convince Fredericka that Olivia was telling the truth. Together, Adarian and Olivia showed her their names, side by side in the book of love to prove Olivia's words.

Lady Lowenheim slowly realized what Adarians biggest problem was right now. Olivia really didn't know anything about this world. No wonder she didn't know the Greystone Family name. She didn;t even know the name of Ultor! Or any of the gods! How did she survive as long as she had!?

If Olivia didn't learn quickly. Then there was going to be problems. She needed a tutor! Oh but even if they got her a tutor, how would they explain Olivia's basic lack of knowledge?

This was a horrible circumstance! They needed to remedy this situation right away!

Fredericka Lowenheim covered her face with her palms. Then she looked up at Olivia, "You need a tutor!"

"I was hoping you might have a suggestion?" Adarian asked her.

Fredericka looked at him like he was insane. "What tutor would keep their mouth shut about this kind of situation? Do you even know what they will expect her to already know?"

Olivia was beginning to panic a little. She really didn't know much. She had no knowledge of history, short of the one history book she had been reading. Even most of those facts she got confused over, or got it mixed up with something she had learned about the history of earth. How was she supposed to fool a tutor if she couldn't even get her facts straight on one stinking subject!?

"Fine!" Lady Lowenheim said frustratedly. "I'll do it!"

"Do what?" Olivia asked, she had stopped paying attention when she started internally panicking.

"Lady Fredericka Lowenheim has just agreed to be your tutor," Adarian Explained.

Olivia smiled disbelieving, "You're...gonna be my tutor?"

"It's the best way," she explained. "I can be your tutor to teach you the skills you need to be queen, and later once you're married through the Officiator, I can teach you everything about the world you now live in." Adaian shot her a look that said Stop talking, But she ignored him.

"Oh, Adarian said we don't have to get married through the Officiator." Olivia explained. "Once I have learned enough, he said I could travel and find out more about the world."

"Oh no," Lady Lowenheim decided to help her cousin out with this. He was going to owe her big time. "That might take a couple of years. You can't stay unwed in the castle for that long. You'll have to get married through the Officiator. Then I can continue to teach you. You've already traded nuptial cups. And it's my understanding that you share a bed as well. If you're worried about your family, Adarian will protect you."

Olivia blushed, "I think I get it." She looked up at Adarian. "We'll ... have to set a date." Adarian looked at his cousin with stars in his eyes. She did a good job just now.

"First we'll start your lessons." Adarian looked at his beautiful bride. She finally agreed!