17 Say My Name

"Olivia Carter?" Adarian asked, confused.

Olivia made a weird noise in her throat. Then she turned to start to run.

"Olivia!' Adarian called out, he had put the book back on its pedestal quickly. The glass case lowered itself to protect the book behind him as he quickly caught up to Olivia.

"It's ok," He said gently holding onto her. "It's ok." he thought she was having soldier's heart sickness again. He kept comforting her, he was hugging her, patting her back softly and using a gentle tone on her. She was trembling in his arms. "There, there...It's ok"

Then he felt the wetness on his shirt. Was she crying?

Olivia was definitely crying. She had been secretly freaking out this entire time. The only physical acknowledgement of her existence had come from her own handwriting in a diary, that had disappeared the very next day.

Now her name, her real name, was in a book. It had hit her so hard emotionally that she didn't know what to do other than cry. At first she thought she was in a dream, but the dream lasted too long, so she thought she may have been in a coma. But everything felt so real. She began to wonder if she was Olivia Praxis this whole time and was simply having delusions of a girl named Olivia Carter. Delusions of a diary that changed

Olivia already didn't have a strong sense of self in this body. She was so used to being tired all the time, in pain, and anemic. Did she remember all of that wrongly?

She hadn't actually had a conversation with Graciella since being Olivia Carter, so how could she be sure Graciella was as evil as she was written. But then Graciella threatened to find her again if she went to the convent.

Before she realized this may just be reality, all of these people were just words on a screen.

This was another thing that helped her to believe this place was real. She had needs. Sleep, food, Number one and Number two. The toilet here was disgusting. When she had medieval princess fantasies she never pictured the toilets. The bath was fine, It had a form of running water by using the magic stones. Why couldn't they apply that to the toilets!? It was basically an indoor porta-potty. So gross.

This world felt so real. No one knew her as Olivia Carter. They only knew her as Olivia Praxis.

But this god of Love that the king spoke about, knew her real name. It appeared in the magic book. She cried until her eyes wore out. At some point while she was crying, Adarian sat on the steps and held her in his lap. He stayed comforting her, allowing her to feel safe, for just a short while in this world. Her nerves had been frazzled. She cried herself to sleep. As she slept, he felt something hard against his leg, cutting off circulation.

...

...

Adarian watched this girl cry herself to sleep in his arms. She had run away when she saw her name. He knew she was adopted by Marquis Praxis. Was her original name Olivia Carter? Carter.

What a strange last name. He didn't think that a profession could also be used as a last name. There was a type of merchant who set up a cart at the end of Merchant avenue. These people didn't have enough means or products to run a store, or a shop. Because they ran their business out of a cart, and took it home with them everyday, they were called carters.

Was that what her parents did? Were they carter's? But then that still wouldn't be their last name. This girl kept surprising him at every turn. It was too bad he had to live a horrible life first just to be able to appreciate her.

Olivia woke about an hour later. Adarian's legs had fallen asleep, but he did not dare disturb her. She woke, and felt arms around her. She sat up startled, causing electric tingles to go down Adarians legs. He hissed at the sudden feeling.