Chapter 14

Hello guys! Another chapter is here! I hope you'll like it. 😌

Many of you have been asking when I'll post another chapter... Guys, I am a veterinarian student and although I'm finished with my semester, I still need to get experienced in my field. I spend most of the days working for free for veterinarians just so I can get experiences. I love that you guys like my book, I really appreciate you and it makes me happy when you like my work, but I have my schedule as well.

I took some time off from writing because I needed to pass my exams but now I'm back to writing. However that doesn't mean I'm free all day long 24/7. I'm managing my time so I can always post on Wednesday because I want to keep the updates regular.

So don't worry about those updates. I will do my best so on every Wednesday you have a new chapter to read. ❤️❤️

Love you all! An please, enjoy your reading! 🤪

Today, it was April 21st. Diego's birthday. Exactly two years ago, I was happy with him, baking a chocolate cake for him in our kitchen, enjoying his arms around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder as he hugged me from behind.

I remembered that feeling of happiness which brought happy tears to my eyes back then. Now, it was just a memory. A painful memory that brought only tears of sadness to my eyes. That birthday was the only one I got to spent with him. Now, I could only be with him in my thoughts.

"I can't believe you have a daughter now." Dr. Green exhaled, her voice pulling me out of my painful past.

Arwen was sitting on Dr. Green's knees, smiling at my psychiatrist from ear to ear. I needed to have a talk with my doctor because my mind was blowing up from all of those thoughts today.

And I brought Arwen with me while Zoey was waiting in the car. I just needed to have Arwen by my side, making sure she was okay. Especially after what happened yesterday when I bumped into Mr. Won.

At this exact moment, Maxim and Louis were at that meeting where I was supposed to be as well. They were supposed to bring me with them but they didn't. And remembering Damir's threats, I couldn't even imagine what to expect from a man like him. Because my definition of worst definitely wasn't his.

But whatever they were discussing, I had bugged Maxim's and Louis's phones a long time ago. I could simply find out in my hideout place by listening to those recordings.

"Yeah, well..." I smiled at Arwen when she looked at me, keeping her gleaming smile securely on her face. "She gave me strength when I needed it the most and I gave her love."

"I can see that." Dr. Green commented with a smile. "And I can see that you're handling it very well."

"We had our ups and downs." I simpered, remembering all those sleepless nights full of crying, hers as well as mine. "But I wouldn't change it any other way."