Her face is a beet red color, her lips curled in distaste, like she tasted her own homemade meatloaf.

            “Get your hand off of me,” I say calmly, trying to keep my voice from shaking from my anger and the pain flowing through my side.

            She blanches slightly, her ears turning red. “Excuse me?”

            “I said get your hand off of me,” I say, louder this time. She stands in shock and when she doesn’t move her hand, I reach up my other hand to rip her hand off my shoulder with so much force, she pulls the sleeve of my shirt down slightly.

            Her mouth drops at my aggressiveness and she splutters slightly. “I am your aunt, how dare you-“

            Coda’s arm holds me put, my legs shaking from my rage. “No. How dare you?” I ground out, looking her right in the eye.  I step forward and Coda let’s go of me. Aunt Georgina backs up, her eyes scanning the room frantically as if looking for help.

            She towered over me, this woman, and yet she looked terrified.

            “How dare you blame me for Stephan leaving Evelyn. You are messed up in the brain if you think for one second that Evelyn, your daughter, is better off with that disgusting excuse of a man who cheats and lies and uses his dirty money to get what he wants.  Evelyn and I may not like each other but even Evelyn deserves someone better than him,” I growl out. “In fact, she deserves a better mother than you.”

            The words leave my mouth and I can’t stop. I am so angry. Tears fills my eyes but I don’t let them spill. “You practically forced them together, making Evelyn believe that he was the best she could do just so you could get more money and a higher reputation—“

            Aunt Georgina snaps out of her stupor. “You are no better, hiring a man to become your boyfriend. How pathetic. I hope you feel better about yourself.”

            She is staring at me, half smug but I want to laugh. “You’re right. It was pathetic of me to hire a boyfriend but I did it because I believed you when you told me that I was ugly and would never get a boyfriend. I believed you when you told me that I wasn’t good enough. I believed you and I caved in and decided to take things into my own hands to make me feel better about myself. But here’s the things Aunt Georgina,” I say quietly, my lip trembling. “I didn’t feel more confident about myself. I trusted you, I believed you because you were aunt and you were supposed to love me-“ my voice cracks and Aunt Georgina looks horrified, like she wants to run away. I feel the brush of Coda’s hand resting reassuringly on the small of my back “But I do feel better about myself now. Compared to what I have gone through the past few days with Coda, you are nothing but an incessant whine that I can’t seem to get rid of because your words do nothing to me anymore. Think what you want to think about me but I am done cowering before you because if you were a real aunt, you wouldn’t have done all those things to me.”

            Not even waiting for her reply, I turn around and grab Coda’s hand, storming off towards the hospital exit the best I can.

            My heart is pounding and I struggling to even my breathing, black dots filling my vision. Man I needed to rest and take a break.

            As if reading my mind, Coda gently pulls me to the side when we are out of sight into a small alcove between the walls.

            My backs brushes the wall and Coda stands in front of me, the small space closing us in.