"Hey!"

After dinner, Yeji pulls me aside with Young K and Hyunjin. We sit in their room silently as Yeji paces the floor. It's time to ask them. I clear my throat and stand up, taking my place next to Yeji and grasping her hand in mine to calm her down. Young K and Hyunjin stare at us with confused faces.

"Is everything okay?" Young K asks and I look at Yeji who sighs.

"I... We think we should tell Lucy," I reveal. The two boys glanced at each other with blank stares and back at us.

"Okay," they say nonchalantly.

"Okay?" Yeji questions, squeezing my hand and almost cutting the circulation in my fingers. "I've stressed about telling her for the past seven years and all you say is okay?" I step in front of Yeji as she takes deep breaths.

"We just want to know if you guys have any ideas on how to tell her so we won't lose her trust," I say in a calm tone. Hyunjin eyes me and purses his lips as if he is about to say something.

"I can talk to her if you want me to, I'll tell her everything," Young K offers but we both shake our heads.

"It's better if we tell her altogether so she won't feel uncomfortable around us after," Yeji says.

"She's a kid," Hyunjin blurts out and all eyes go to him. "She won't get as mad as we think. She probably won't understand it fully until later on but if I was a kid..." I notice Hyunjin's voice trail off slightly and he looks at Yeji. "If I was a kid who was adopted and never knew until my parents told me around Lucy's age, I would be confused,"

Hyunjin and Yeji are orphans. They never knew their parents. Although I am her real mom, I would not regret a single second that Yeji got to spend with Lucy instead of me because I knew she was in the most caring hands.

"I wouldn't completely know what it meant to have two pairs of parents but for me, I'd be happy to be loved so much by four parents instead of zero," Hyunjin explains. I start to think about how we told Hyunho and he was okay. He didn't fully understand but he accepted it...

I notice a tear fall down Hyunjin's cheek and then I look over at Yeji who is tearing up. They've never experienced the love of a parent before. All they had was each other and that's what made their bond so powerful. I let go of Yeji's hand who falls into Young K's arms. I sigh and look back at Hyunjin. Watching him cry made my heart sink knowing that I can't do anything about it.

I remember what I heard last night when he was talking with Jeongin. Who was he talking about? Does he still love who?

We hear a knock at the door and Yeji immediately wipes her tears as well as Hyunjin.

"Who is it?" Young K asks.

"Jeongin!" I hear his cheerful voice.

"Give us a minute, Jeongin," I call back and then look towards my other friends.

"So when do we tell her?" I question.

[following

the flow of time]

The next day came by after discussing how we are going to tell Lucy. I told Sana everything and filled her in so she could give me advice. While talking to Sana, she seemed somewhat off as if something else was on her mind. I tried asking her about it but she just brushed it off, making me more anxious. I help set the tables for breakfast and notice the early bird stroll in.

"Hana!" Jeongin greets me as he stretches and yawns. I smile and wave as he walks over to me.

"Is Felix in the kitchen right now?" Jeongin asks.