Chapter IV: Don't depend on others for your happiness

Start from the beginning

"Keya," Diya said cautiously. "I won't tell anyone."

"You won't?!" I scoffed, asking her in disbelief.

"I hadn't told anyone and I knew that for one year." Well those words felt relieving.

Wait. What?! One freaking year!

"You__" I was at a loss for words to describe that. Wasn't I careful before?! I should really pay attention around me. More.

"By the way, you sucks at hiding, babes." She said with that proud smirk on her face.

Do I?!

I smirk back, "you sucks as a media person."

"Thanks." She fake smiled. It was confirmed that she wasn't any media person. The thing I knew about my roommate was that she took her work seriously. And if anybody tried to criticize her about that. Then even God can't save you.

Narrowing my eyes, I told her, "I hide it well from Aj." Though, I should be ashamed of hiding things from my best friend. But I want to prove to Diya that I don't suck at hiding.

She laughs at that. Does Aj knew about my secret too?!

"She doesn't count." Diya scoffs.

Did I mention their hate for each other?! Diya and Adhira for some reason don't go well. I was still looking for a reason between their disliking towards others.

"You're being ridiculous right now." I huffed.

"Girls, wanna move aside?!" A smooth voice said, behind us. When I turned Siddhartha Puri came in view. Tge only sane and polite friend of Gashmir. What?! I do keep tabs on my secret husband.

I noticed that we were blocking his way, so I moved aside pulling Diya along. Whose intentions of staying rooted to the same place were clear. What's wrong with her now?!

"Thank you, girls." Sid said, smiling. See?! Polite as I said.

"Hey, D?! Wanna hang out later?!" Sid asked with that cute smile on his face. As he moved in front of us. "You can bring Keya with you. If she won't mind."

"I think we'll pass." Diya didn't waste a second before replying. She didn't even ask for my opinion.

Not that I was looking around to hang out with him. No. I have no problems with Sid or Diya. It was my model of a secret husband that I don't want to deal with. I'll literally spend any day in my room alone rather than being anywhere near him.

Sid's smile fell off his face. "If you don't mind me asking, why?!" He asks, furrowing his brows. He looks cute with that frown.

Why did my daddu not ask me to marry Sid.

"We've plans for the birthday girl here. Sorry, Siddhartha. But maybe next time?!" Diya said.

Siddhartha nodded and wished me a happy birthday. He tried to hide his melancholy but it was clear on his face. I don't like to see anyone down, however today I will become selfish.

I turned and hugged Diya, "I knew. I knew. I knew you had plans for me. Thanks roomy."

Diya muttered something like, "who said?!" To which I replied, "you said."

"Oh that. It seems rude to refuse. So, I used it as an excuse. I didn't mean any of that." She said pushing me, not forcefully though.

What is it that I was surrounded by heartless people?! Using my birthday as an excuse.

I pouted, muttering "You can't do that to a birthday girl."

Even so, she walked away, waving off.

Did I say heartless people?! Scratch that. They are heartless morons.

I stomped my foot, whining, "You're leaving a birthday girl alone. I wish the same for you."

Am I being an attention seeker now?! Causing drama early morning on the college campus.

"I'll gladly spend my birthday alone." Diya yelled before disappearing.

☆☆☆

"Happy birthday to Keya. Happy birthday to Keya. Happy Happy a very happy, happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeee." I sang for myself as I cut my double chocolate cupcake. Sliding the knife across the table, I put the delicious cupcake into my mouth.

It's stupendo fantabulously magicagorically amazing cupcake. And I've bought many of this. I knew one wouldn't satisfy my hunger for it.

Instead of wailing that I got nobody I decided to celebrate my birthday. Don't count me in those who depends on others for happiness. No one can keep me as happy as I could.

I was on my seventh cupcake when someone knocked my door. With mouth full of cupcake I said, "dool wis wopen."

"Wtf, is someone smothering you?!" Aj rushes in, with ready to kick someone pose. Her both fists tightly clenched in front of her face, with a angry frown.

Her posture relaxes, when she take in my self celebratory condition. "I should have known." She muttered.

Gulping bite which I was chewing on, I laughed.

Looking around the room, which has plastic cups spread all over, in different directions. Aj raised a brow at me, "what were you doing?!"

Some nerves she got to ask.

"Oh, that. It was my birthday today. So treat for me, yay." I tried to suppress my rage. Her absence doesn't affect me. Her disinterestness doesn't affect me. Her nonchalantness won't do anything to me.

Aj bursts out laughing. And that was my que to explode, "Laugh, laugh. What can you do except laughing?!"

"Dude, you really can do anything. If you can celebrate your birthday, you can do anything." She said, in between laughing.

"Really?!" I asked, sarcastically.

"Umm___ hmmm." Came her reply. Finally she sober up, heaving a breath. She wiped tears off her eyes, "that was fun."

"What was fun?!" It was Dhroov, Aj's younger brother. What was he doing here?!

"Well___ Keya here celebrated her own birthday without us." Aj explained to a confused Dhroov.

"What the___" who got cut off by me. "Language Dhroov."

Dhroov rolled his eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him at which he muttered 'whatever.' He was the only person, on whom I could flaunt my seniority. And I do it every chance I got. He was three years younger than me.

"She thought we weren't going to celebrate her birthday." Aj smriked, showing me car keys, moving it like a pendulum in front of my face.

A/N : hey guys, I've recently joined TheTeenDreamers community. Their work is wonderful. You should check out and can ask for membership if you're interested.

Thank you for reading.