40. Shishupal Vadh

The splendid time of the Rajsuya Yagya had arrived in the majestic city of Indraprastha

The splendid time of the Rajsuya Yagya had arrived in the majestic city of Indraprastha. The illustrious event had drawn a multitude of esteemed guests, who had congregated to partake in this grand spectacle.

The atmosphere was saturated with a heady blend of fragrances, while the air reverberated with the enchanting sounds of ritualistic chants. The entire city of Indraprastha eagerly anticipated the moment they had been waiting for-the commencement of the sacred ceremony. The sacred rituals were set to unfold within the opulent Mayasabha, the royal assembly hall of Indraprastha.

"Behold, the pride of the Yadavas, the illustrious sons of Vasudev, Shri Balarama and Krishna, have arrived," proclaimed the imposing dwarpal, stationed at the entrance of Indraprastha.

"The distinguished Gandhar Raj Shakuni and Yuvraj Duryodhan, accompanied by their brothers. Angaraj Karna and Mewar-raj Shon, brother of Karna. Panchalraj Drupada is also making his way towards the Rajya Sabha," announced the dwarpal, his voice resonating with authority.

"Mahaguru Drona and Kulguru Kripa are proceeding towards the Rajya Sabha," informed the soldiers stationed nearby.

With hands joined in reverence and hearts brimming with devotion, Bheem and Arjun greeted the eminent personalities. "Our respects!" they exclaimed, their voices filled with utmost veneration.

"Our blessings upon you," responded the gurus, their countenances radiating warmth and serenity.

"Samrat Yudhishthir, the righteous emperor, Pitamaha Bhishma, Maharishi Ved Vyaas, Rajmata Kunti, and Queen Devika, along with other queens, are on their way," conveyed the diligent soldier.

The auspicious ceremony commenced, as sages and local inhabitants extolled the virtues of Yudhishthira, praising his noble qualities and righteous rule.

"Whom should I offer my honor to first?" inquired Yudhishthira, humbly seeking guidance.

"Bestow your honor upon the one who is truly worthy," responded Bhishma, his voice resonating with wisdom and authority.

"Do you refer to Maharishi Ved Vyasa or yourself?" Yudhishthira inquired further, seeking clarification.

"Neither I, nor Maharishi Vyasa. You, O Yudhishthira, embody the essence of Truth. Shri Krishna, the supreme being, is the only one deserving of our veneration," Bhishma elucidated, a gentle smile adorning his countenance.

"Please take your seat, Keshav," Yudhishistra invited Shri Krishna with utmost respect.

Nakula stepped forward, preparing to wash the feet of Shri Krishna, but was promptly interrupted by a thundering voice that filled the hall.