33. Old Enemy Returns

Somewhere amidst the majestic Himalayas, the mystical chants of Brahmadev's name echoed through the dark, enigmatic caves

Somewhere amidst the majestic Himalayas, the mystical chants of Brahmadev's name echoed through the dark, enigmatic caves. A determined man stood in the formidable trikonasana pose, his body drenched in sweat from years of unwavering austerity dedicated to invoking the blessings of Lord Brahma.

For seven long years, he had persisted, enduring the foul stench that clung to his body and the incessant swarm of insects that accompanied his arduous journey. But in a breathtaking moment, a brilliant light pierced through the darkness, illuminating the cavernous depths as Lord Brahma materialized before the steadfast devotee. The deity found himself torn between denying the man's request for a boon and acknowledging the immense pain and sacrifice that had defined his relentless devotion.

Sighing deeply, Lord Brahma blinked his eyes, causing all the insects that had plagued the devotee to vanish instantly. "Rise, my child," the divine voice resonated through the cave, breaking the man's grueling penance. Opening his eyes, he beheld the awe-inspiring presence of Lord Brahma standing before him. A smile spread across his face, fueled by the thought of seeking retribution against Karna, his nemesis.

"What boon do you seek?" Lord Brahma inquired, his gaze unwavering.

"I can only be vanquished by the combined powers of the tridev, and it must not be the tridev themselves who deliver the blow. Only one possessing the might of the tridev can end my existence. Furthermore, I beseech you, O, Lord Brahma, to bestow no more powers upon mortals henceforth," the man declared.

"Tataastu, my son," Lord Brahma acquiesced, and with that, he dissolved into thin air, leaving the devotee to fulfill his vendetta against Karna.

At the realm of Brahma, Devi Saraswati couldn't help but laugh heartily. "This Trijatasur is indeed a foolish being," she remarked.

"He remains oblivious to the fact that Karna wields the combined powers of myself, Lord Vishnu, and Lord Shiva," Brahmadev chuckled in amusement, thoroughly entertained by Trijatasur's folly.

"Let us now witness the demise of Trijatasur," Devi Saraswati suggested.

"Yes, Devi," Brahmadev agreed.

***

In the grand city of Hastinapur, the musketeers and Shon frolicked with their children. Vrishasena had become the leader of the boisterous gang, much to the chagrin of the adults who struggled to rein in their wild energy. Meanwhile, Madirakshi immersed herself in a solemn puja at the Lord Shiva temple, fervently praying for the well-being of her family. Bhanumati and Amrita diligently cared for Rekha, while also assisting Gandhari with matters of the state. As always, Dushala wandered through the serene garden, lost in her own thoughts.

Gandhari found solace in witnessing the joy radiating from her beloved sons. She had tirelessly prayed for their happiness and was relieved to see them treading the righteous path. All her sons were now married, and she was particularly grateful that they had resisted Shakuni's manipulations, staying committed to the path of dharma.