Chapter Seventeen

"Your mother is going to kill me once she finds out about this," Theodore muttered as he fastened the Nemean lion skin vest on his son.

After reluctantly agreeing with Theo – and arguing with Charity, and Maisie about the plan – Theodore quickly apparated to their home to retrieve the Ancient Greek armor that he got in his inheritance and had his son wear it. Once all the fastens were finished, Theo went to get his black jacket and zipped it up to try and hide the armor since it was weird seeing a fifteen-year-old kid wearing Ancient Greek armor over a t-shirt and paired with some trousers and sneakers.

"You don't have to tell you, you know," Roman said.

"The thing secret to our marriage is that there are no secrets," Theodore told him.

"You don't have a helmet or a sword, do you?" Theo teased his father. "How about a large wooden horse that I could hide into?"

Theodore was not amused with his son's humor at the time.

"Just trying to defuse the tension," Theo muttered.

"There has to be another way!" Charity spoke, tears building in her eyes as worry was taking over. Her grandson was heading straight into danger, for crying out loud! Normally, children or any normal person run from it.

"I know that you're worried, Grandma, but this is the only way we could stop Delphini," Theo said as he went to get his wand from the table and hid it in his sleeve.

"But how will you get through her?!"

"I'll think of something," Theo said.

"You haven't thought of it through?!" Rose exclaimed. "Theo, this is dangerous!"

"He won't be alone, we'll be there with him," Theodore said as he took off his coat to ready his magical tattoos if needed.

"You're overestimating yourself, Theodore," Maisie said. "I know that you're powerful, but you said it yourself, this is something we haven't faced! You don't know what would happen!"

"You're right, but I do know is that if we don't stop this and the whole world finds out about the existence of magic, we're done for – Euphemia Rowle maybe a fucking bastard but she's right on one thing, even with magic, the magical world cannot protect itself with the full power of Muggles – we're outnumbered and who knows what they would do to us. And if they do succeed, then expect more Obscurials being made, and more children dying."

"We'll be alright, Charity," Sirius said.

"And who says you're going with them?!" Charity exclaimed.

"I can still fight! Of course, I'll go with them!"

"You haven't fought in years! If they're going out there, the last thing they need is to look out for you!"

"How old do you think I am! I could still fight!"

While Sirius and Charity argued about him going with Theodore, Roman, and Theo, Rose, Scorpius, and Albus went to his side.

"We're coming with you," Rose said.

"No, you're not," Theo said.

"Yes, we are – you need us!"

"We're underage – and from the four of us, I'm the only one with clearance to use magic outside of Hogwarts! You'll get expelled! Besides, you might find yourselves in danger!"

"Listen, we're your best friends and we're going out there to help you! Besides, your siblings, and James are going, then so do we!"

"Because they're of age! And because they would only try to escape once we leave this place!"