Chapter Ten

"Her name is Delphini Riddle."

After calming Carina's breakdown, Theodore wasted no time in contacting Harry and Hermione to meet with him at the reserve to discuss what Carina told him. It was risk to talk at the Ministry given that there was a possible leak happening since Euphemia Rowle and her Anti-Magic Rallyists were getting information before they could release a statement, and with the sensitivity of the case that Carina was going to say, they knew that Rowle could easily manipulate those words to gain the support of the people on her side and finally their rallies would take action and "dispose of" those who possess magical blood.

Confined in Theodore's office with only a handful members of the Ministry that Hermione trusted, Carina told Harry of the student she was privately teaching, and just by the mention of the name alarmed the members in the office.

"Rumors have been spreading that the Dark Lord has risen again," a Minister member spoke. "And the fact that this child is alive and bears his name means that it could be true."

"If it is, then what should we do? I doubt the Ministry could face this again – we're already backed up against the wall with The Prophet publishing information before we could even make a statement! We have Anti-Magic Rallyists at our doorstep whose numbers are growing! We can't have this – and this rumor is too far stretched to be true! The Dark Lord is gone! Harry Potter made sure of it!" Said another.

"And we are certain that he is," Hermione said. "None of Death Eaters that the Ministry has captured have shown any suspicious behavior with their marks... and Dragonologist Nott's mark is also not showing – Voldemort is gone, so this is a totally different situation."

"But that girl – Riddle – it can't be a coincidence –"

"It can – Riddle is a common name," Carina spoke.

All of their eyes fell to her. All with an incredulous look.

"Don't tell me you're defending this girl, Professor Black?" A Minister member, Harvey, spoke.

"I'm... I'm not – I," Carina gulped. "I don't know."

A Minister member scoffed. "Clearly, your time with the girl has softened your heart – she has fooled you with her "innocent" acts!"

"She hasn't fooled me!"

"Carina," Theodore spoke in a hushed tone.

"Even if it is a coincidence," Harry spoke. "We can't have the public know – it would only cause panic, and that's the last thing we need."

"The last thing we need is to have this creature kill more people! We must take action – eliminate –" Harvey exclaimed.

"Eliminate?" Theodore spoke. "Kill her? She's just a girl!"

"She's of age! We saw it in the memory – she's no longer a child!"

"She's not registered under our country's Ministry – she's registered in America – even Grindelwald was given a trial here he hadn't escaped!" Theodore argued.

"What difference would it make?! The MACUSA does not have prisons, Dragonologist Nott."

"Even if she's not registered in our Ministry," Hermione spoke. "It is still my duty as Minister to ensure the safety of our people... and the MACUSA President is still looking for her identification, so Mister Harvey, before we start giving children death sentences, best to see a different course of action."

"Azkaban?! You're going to send her to Azkaban?!" Carina got up from her seat. "She'll die there!"

"I am starting to doubt your loyalties, Professor Black, it seems that you have developed an attachment towards this Riddle-girl," Harvey mocked her.