Chapter Twelve

When the New Year came, the days of their holidays could be counted by their five fingers, nothing has happened during the remaining days of holidays fun, and for some reason Theo still has not spoken to his Uncle Harry and Aunt Hermione about his abilities and what he saw. While in vacation though, he noticed that his mother suddenly started to go to Sinora again, it was odd since she would usually wait until they he and his siblings have gone back to Hogwarts before resuming work but every night – just before dinner – she would tell them that they had something to take care of at the school so she would leave Viktor in charge until she or their father would come back. And while his siblings argued on why Viktor – the believed middle child even though they were all the same age – was in charge, Theo was more curious to why his mother's routine changed. When their mother would come home, he noticed that it would be late in the night, she would look tired, stressed, and worried, and even though she much preferred to go to bed, she and his father would go to the office and talk... and he could hear that it wasn't just them in the room as well.

The day before they were to return to Hogwarts, their grandfather invited them all to the Estate for some last holiday fun but just before he could leave with his siblings, Theo was asked by his parents to stay for a moment. After telling them that he would just follow after them, Theo went to his parents office and when he entered, it wasn't just his parents that were there but also his Uncle Harry and Aunt Hermione.

"Hello, Theo," Hermione greeted.

"Minister," Theo nodded at her, he then turned to Harry. "Auror Potter."

"No need for formalities, Theo," Harry chuckled as he messed with Theo's hair.

"Theo, why don't you tell Hermione and Harry what you wrote to you," Theodore said as he took a seat on his desk beside his wife.

Theo turned to his mother and saw her giving him an encouraging look. "You're not in trouble, I promise."

So, Theo told them. He told them what he wrote to his parents, from the voices and memories he saw and heard that were mothing but fragments during his lessons with Remus that summer to the one he heard during the summer dinner with everyone. He even told them about his and his friends' investigation about it to see if what he saw had any connection with the attacks, and to his great unfortune, it was. He apologized over and over for not telling them sooner and admitted that he felt responsible for thinking that it wasn't important.

"We make mistakes, but what matters is that we learn from them – take it from me, I've done so many that I couldn't even count it," Harry comforted Theo.

"But Theo, you have to promise us that if see anything suspicious, you'd let us know," Carina told him.

Theo nodded. "Minister, you mentioned at The Prophet that it was an Obscurus that attacked these communities, have you found the child?"

"I'm sorry, Theo, but we can't tell you," Hermione said.

"But is there any way that I could help?" Theo asked.

"Theo, we can't ask you to do that – it's not right to involve an underage wizard who is still at school – and it's not ethically right to put such burden on a boy your age," Hermione told him.

"But the Ministry didn't have that kind of ethics when they tried to make Uncle Harry the poster-boy during the war," Theo stated.

"Theo, at that time, the Ministry was desperate to keep up an image that they have control of the war, but this is totally different."

"Different how, exactly?" Theo thrust his hands in his pants pockets.

"I understand that you want to help – when we were your age we also wanted to help out, but Theo, you have to understand, there are laws that forbid us to do so – especially that you are underage – and it is unethical to use a child's abilities when we have other options to fix this problem."