Chapter One

Theodore Regulus Nott III was the sibling who was always sure of himself in terms of academics. His mother told him how he was very much like his father who could absorb information easily, though he doesn't have his father's talents in memorizing a map or any text or diagram in one look but he can memorize a whole book after reading it a dozen times. He never had a problem in academics – correction, all of them didn't have a problem in academics, it was one of the perks of having both of your parents as teachers at their respective schools (Head Astronomer and Head Dragnologist as well). But if there was one thing that that perk can't do was the ability to give him an idea on what he wanted to do in his life.

This coming school-term, he was going to be a fifth-year, meaning O.W.L.s were expected, and with O.W.L.s was the career advice sessions with teachers and he has absolutely no idea what he wants to do after Hogwarts. He tried asking his siblings – Romulus, Sofia, and Viktor – since they were on their last year and would be starting their apprenticeships or jobs after the term, but it didn't really help that much; Sofia already had her heart set on becoming a Magizoologist and help care for Magical Creatures, Sirius already sent his application to work at a restaurant in Diagon Alley since he loved cooking, and then Viktor already submitted his papers to continue his studies at their father's Dragon and Magical Creatures Reserve at Scotland, wanting to be a Dragonologist.

The idea of not knowing what he wanted as a career was getting to him. When he told his friends – Albus and Scorpius – about it, they just said, "Ha! One of the down sides of being a genius, you have too many options", and of course he would just come back with, "And base from your grades... I guess it's either I find you jobless, just hope your parents give you your inheritance once you graduate." Well, there was a possibility that Scorpius wouldn't need a job, considering his own father didn't have one and is rich... rich, rich like him. But unlike the Malfoys the Black-Nott family much preferred to hide their riches than flaunt it.

"You're stressing again."

Theo slightly jumped when he heard his mother's voice. He looked up and saw her place a plate of four grilled cheese sandwiches and then sat beside him at the table with her own reading material. The Daily Prophet.

"I'm not, I promise," Theo told her.

Carina gave him a teasing look that she didn't believe him, but then smiled and then took one of the sandwiches and ate it herself.

"Still looking for what you want as a career?" Carina asked.

Theo looked down at the table where his notebook was and a couple of career pamphlets were laid out before him.

"Oh... um... I'm just trying to narrow things down," Theo collected the old pamphlets his siblings gave him to the notebook and tried to hide the list he's been doing about the possible careers, and each one he listed down was crossed out.

"Sweetheart, it's okay if you're not sure," his mother took his hand. "You can always bunk here until you figure out what you want to do..."

"I really don't want to be that kid who is already of age and is still living under their parents' roof and not making money," Theo grinned.

"Well, your Grandpaddy isn't technically living under his parents' roof, but he doesn't really have a job," Carina joked.

Theo laughed. He pushed his notebook away and then went to take the grilled cheese sandwich from the plate and ate with his mother. He enjoyed these little moments with his mother. There was never a time when his mother ever neglected them, she was always there for him and his siblings, and she was always there for his father as his partner. Theo always admired his mother, Carina Black, she was beautiful witch, brave, loving, and strong, very strong, not only did she manage to raise four kids but also worked as well. She lives and breathes for her family, and she would do anything for them. Especially when it came to him and his siblings, and especially when it came to their father... and add Uncle Roman and Uncle Morgan as well.