Fake Perscriptions

Start from the beginning

I crawled into the back of my car where it would be more difficult for someone to see me and I changed my shirt into a Rolling Stones halter top, but blue jeans were fine for the assignment today. Tom waited for me outside, pressing his back to my car door so no one could look in through the window. I knocked on the window, giving him the signal that I was ready. He stepped to the side and I came out, and he was chewing on a toothpick in between his teeth. I grabbed a black leather jacket before I closed the door and we walked off.

We got into our McQuaid sibling characters fairly easily. We are these personas so often, it's one of my favorites. As we walked, I was using my fingers to tease my hair a bit to make it look bigger and wilder.

Tom and I walked to the school together with plans to get a lay of the land before we tried to find the dealers. We received our schedules, and found that we shared a class right before lunch.

We went our separate ways, and I was asking my classmates little questions here and there about Arpina, but no one was willing to openly talk about it. I couldn't tell if it was because no one knew what it was, or because it was a taboo topic to talk to the new kid about. It's usually the latter.

It was my third period class that I walked into and found Tom already sitting at a desk. I sat in the empty seat next to him, and set my bag down. He glanced at me wearily, and set his head down on the desk, pretending to fall asleep. He was doing this to built his rapport for needing amphetamines in order to stay awake. I was glad that he had a plan, because I had nothing. I knew almost nothing about Arpina, what it was supposed to do, or what it even looked like.

The bell rang, and the students who were running late were rushing to the classroom as the teacher began lecturing. He wrote on the blackboard the objectives for class that day, but he got distracted when he looked out at us and his eyes landed on sleeping Tom.

"McQuaid," the teacher said loudly, which made Tom bolt upright. Students around us snickered softly.

Tom blinked hard at the teacher, and his hair was all over the place

Tom blinked hard at the teacher, and his hair was all over the place. His coat was being used as a blanket. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought he was seriously asleep too.

"I know you are new and all, but there is no sleeping in my class," the teacher scolded.

Tom flexed his lip and grunted in response.