23%

Please pardon the long break I took. I will be updating again Friday🤺.

This chapter is not like the chapters you're used to getting where very thing is like funny. It goes into detail so pay attention.

Thanks you for having the patience with me !

[ ɪʟʟᴀɴɪ ]

"After all these years, you say something now?" I scoffed, unbelieving what Alfred had Just told me? We were now in the living, Just the both of us

"After all these years, you say something now?" I scoffed, unbelieving what Alfred had Just told me? We were now in the living, Just the both of us. Given the fact, he dismissed Scarlett to her room to give us a little more privacy.

He sat on the couch that comprised many colors of brown, while I stayed standing by the pictures, unable to sit down or process anything at this moment. I didn't know whether I am supposed to be mad at him or happy?

I mean, what would you do in this situation? Your entire life you've believed that a man who took care of you your whole life, comforted you, defended you, turn out to not be your father.

A man you've to know for what? Possibly 5 Months? Is your biological father. Yet there's still no proof. It's just based on word of mouth. However, He's the sweetest man you know.

He feeds you whatever food you could think of, comforts you, and gives you advice on almost anything. And I say it's been five months since it really feels like forever, y'know ? When you put it like that, there's nothing you could be mad at him for.

Except for the fact he has been absent for the past 23 years of your life.

"I've wanted to say something Illani. Believe me, I did. It's Just With your mother around you while you were younger I couldn't and know since you're all grown up it's hard..", He explained.

"I've been practicing for this moment for a lifetime now. And for the first time when I saw you, it's like I hadn't practiced at all. Please forgive me for not being there. I deeply apologize... Trust me, I wanted to be there. I remember ever since your mom told me she had had you, I wanted to be a part of your life then,", He explained as he fiddled with his hands, giving off the energy he was nervous.

"What went wrong?", I asked searching his face for an answer, well mainly to fathom that this is my father. As he spoke I studied his facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, and hell, even him as a whole.

"Well, as y'know your mother was engaged to Clifford, your dad-stepdad, however, you want to put it. Me being the foolish man I was, I had known nothing about no man and damn sure about no engagement. Hell, when I found out it was too late. She was already pregnant with you and I wasn't the type to ruin a happy home".

"So I stayed quiet. And I guess that earned me a couple of browny points because every once in a while ever until you were 4, she made it very clear she didn't want to see me anymore. In fear that it might bring Clifford to worry. Well, as months went by, I and Clifford ran into each other at a gas station. He had known about me ever since you were, I'd say 1? "