Chapter 20 : Number

**Love's POV **

I wiped the tears that made its way down to my cheeks and chin as I walked the long hallway. Each step was heavy and unsure, for I don't know where to go- but I just don't want to stay here right now.

I can't believe what just happened, this is all bullshit. Last night, everything was perfectly fine with Harry- he just told me he missed me and that he loves me. But when I woke up, Harry's gone and I'm ripped out of his memory again. What's going on?

I heard my name being yelled across the hallway, his booming voice echoes as he kept repeating my name but I won't stop, I won't turn back and I don't want to hear him apologize. I'm not a toy, I have feelings and my feelings are not to be played with.

I pressed the down button and waited for the elevator door to open, hearing his footsteps approaching makes me want to run down the stairs instead. But when I was about to take steps to my right and run to the stairs, the door opens. I took a few strides till I'm inside and pressed the close button at the side but it's too late, his foot was now stopping the door from closing.

"Go away Harry." I said, tears still flowing freely. He's already inside the elevator wrapping his arms around me, but I won't let him. I shoved him, not as much force as I wanted but strong enough to make him take a few steps backwards.

"Go away Harry, get away from me!" he caught my wrist and pulled me close to him and enveloped me again for a tight hug. "Why are you doing this to me Harry, what have I done? I don't understand." I say, fists hitting him on his chest as I cried.

"I'm sorry Love, I'm sorry."

My eyes grew wide. "Sorry? Sorry about what Harry? Sorry that you remembered me last night when we're having sex and forgot about me again when you woke up? Is that it?"

He shook his head abruptly, his face shows regret and guilt, and if I'm not mad at him right now I would kiss him until I could feel him smile against my lips. But no, I don't feel like kissing him right now.

"Love, listen to me. Don't ever talk to Callie again, don't let her get close to you."

"Oh, so you remember Callie?" my voice trembles with extreme anger.

"No!" he says, running his fingers through his hair. He grunts in frustration and balled his hands into a fist as I stepped back, Callie's warning flashed through my mind. He's not going to hurt me wouldn't he?

The door opens, fifth floor. An old woman stands on the other side, a worried expression slowly spreads across her face upon seeing us. I did not waste time, I ran out of the elevator and head to the stairs. I'd rather pant than be with him inside the elevator, I don't want to hear him lie even more, I don't want to hear him apologize and probably don't mean it.

I reached the stairs, my hand slides on the cold metal railings as my feet dragged me downstairs in a fast pace. I can still hear my name echoing along with the sounds of our footsteps, his voice were now calm.

"Love, please stop."

I ignored his plea as I continued to make my way down the stairs, but before I could round a corner, he caught my wrist.

"Love, will you please listen to me?" he says holding my wrists against his chest.

I looked at him in the eye, the same beautiful green eyes that I used to admire, those eyes that saw the real me. Me being the stubborn one, the one who always breaks the management rules, but who is he now?

"Why should I listen to you?"

"Because I won't let anyone hurt you."

"Aren't you... h-hurting me right now?" I say as a lump rises from my throat.

He pulled me close, pressed me against his chest, against his beating heart that hammers against my ear as he whispers : "I didn't mean to hurt you, that's the last thing I could do. I'll tell you everything, but not right now."

Tears stream down my eyes, sure to stain his shirt. He never fails to calm me, he's my weakness, he's all I need. But I won't let myself be defeated, I need to know the truth.

"I need to know the truth Harry." I say, pushing myself off his chest. "Do you love me?"

He nodded.

"Do you... remember me?"

He stares at me for a while as silence surrounds us. Then he answers, "No." as soon as he spoke, I only wished he never did.

And with that I shoved him hard as I made my way down the stairs again, only faster this time. My heart beats incredibly fast, adrenaline, hatred and confusion fills my senses. I barely feel my feet as they hit the steps of the stairs, my mind was focused on one thing. And if Harry refused to tell me the truth, someone else should.

I reached the bottom of the stairs, Harry was nowhere behind me. I walked to where my car was parked, and sit there for a minute, tucked my hands on my pockets and calm myself.

I felt something at the right pocket of my coat and pulled it out. A small paper folded into two. My heartbeat raised again as the small paper reveals the letters and numbers... It was Callie's number.

I pulled out my phone from the pocket of my jeans and dialed the numbers.

"Can we meet?"

.
****

Short and crappy, I know and I'm sorry. But heads up for the next chapters! :)