Tucker was going on a long camping trip with his family in the woods, that he truly didn't want to go on. He even tried to get Danny to kidnap him in front of his family in his ghost form to get out of going. Normally Tuck would be fine, but his mom had set up a rule that Tucker couldn't bring any technology on their trip because it was 'family bonding.' or something along those lines.

And Sam was forced to go with her parents to France for a while, while they did some business meetings or something. She was actually rather interested in going around and seeing France, she had always wanted to go, just not with her parents.

And that left Danny, he had been doing a lot more exploring in the Ghost Zone than he normally would. He had a lot of free time on his hands. And then a couple of days ago Clockwork decides to come and tell him that he needs to go to this town in the middle of nowhere and do something for him, but also never specified what that thing is. Well, at least Danny hoped he wouldn't be too bored in this place.

Suddenly Danny heard rustling and tiny footsteps on the ground beneath him. Once he looked down all he saw was a bunch of bushes moving out of the way as whoever they were, were already walking away. He listened closely and heard a bunch of tiny quiet voices talking to each other. Things like 'hurry,' and 'don't drop that,' and for some reason the word 'Shmebulock?'

Danny floated down from the tree gracefully and fazed through the bushes to come across one of the strangest things he had ever seen in his afterlife. The people who were talking were actually... gnomes? There were five of them altogether, and four of them were each supporting the weight of a large round plate stacked with pancakes. On the top of the pile of pancakes stood one gnome who looked to be leading the group. It also looked like his shoes were covered in sirup from standing on the top.

Everyone just froze as they stared at each other with wide and surprised eyes. Danny was witnessing a pancake napping and the gnomes were looking at a creature in the forest they had never seen before. "Uh... what are you doing?" Danny asked wearily as he was trying to overlook the fact that he had never thought gnomes existed until now.

The gnome on top looked Danny up and down and crossed his arms. "What does it look like we are doing, new guy?"

Danny tilted his head to the side. "Umm... riding a throne of stolen pancakes?" He guessed.

"Precisely, now unless you are going to bug us some more we are going to leave." The gnome on top staited before clapping his hands twice, the pancakes once again started moving further into the forest.

"Okay, um, yeah. Enjoy your pancakes then." Danny turned back around with the most confused look on his face. He had no idea what had just happened and he didn't really want to know.

X

Dipper slammed his head down on the journal he had laid out on the breakfast table with a groan. "How could I have been so dumb?"

"You aren't dumb bro bro, you just made a mistake." Mabel put her hand on her twin brother's shoulder. "Everyone makes mistakes."

Dipper shrugged her handoff. "Yeah well this was a big mistake Mabel, it could be a catastrophe!" He threw his hands in the air.

"Such fancy words, I am sure it will be fine." Mabel offered trying to reassure her brother.

"No, it won't. Whatever that thing is, whether it is a ghost or a Demon will come back."

"Pssh, you don't know that." She waved her hand dismissively at Dipper.

"Yes, I do, Mabel. And it's going to come back for revenge on me Ford, maybe even you for so much as knowing me. Everything about either ghosts or demons leads to them being vengeful. And we messed up, we captured him and were refusing to let him go. So now it is going to come down here and return the favor tenfold." Dipper thumped his hand down on the table angrily, making the plates and cutlery bounce. He sighed and pushed himself away from the table. "I-I am going to go talk with Ford."

Mabel nodded sadly as her brother got up from the table and walked away. He hadn't even touched his breakfast or his Mabel juice, and she had worked so hard on that batch, she even used her sparkliest glitter to try and cheer him up.

She knew Dipper was scared and mad at himself for what had happened that night with the mysterious creature. She wishes he wouldn't worry so much, maybe this thing is actually really nice and this is a whole big misunderstanding. Or... Dipper is actually right and there is a crazy vengeful demon after their family. She hoped it was the first one.

X

Dipper walked in to see his Grunkle reading over and over again through his first journal, looking for answers of some kind. He didn't blame Dipper for the creature escaping, he was more worried about how. He checked over the trap Dipper had created after the creature had escaped, and it was perfect. He assumed not even Bill would be able to escape that trap for at least a couple hours. So what was so different?

"You, find out what it was yet?" Dipper asked, slumping in a chair across from his Grunckle.

"No, I just don't get it." He sighed. "And if we can't figure it out, how will we protect the house from it when it comes back for revenge?" Ford looked up to his tired nephew, neither of them had slept a wink that night, worried the creature would attack the house while they weren't prepared.

"Well, it got stuck in the demon trap, right? Are you sure that wouldn't make it a demon of some kind?" Dipper theorized, leaning forward on his chair.

"That's the thing Dipper. That trap can trap demons, ghosts, and pretty much any creature that uses a core. And there are hundreds of creatures out there with cores."

"So, it could be a ghost, like it said?" Dipper questioned.

"Yes... and, no." Ford sighed. "Ghosts and Demons rely on their cores very heavily, unlike any of the other creatures who have them. It's their energy source the thing that keeps their very essence together. And there is no way he could have gotten out of there so fast."

"So you think that it was telling us it was a ghost so it would make us think it wouldn't be able to escape the trap?"

"That or it is one of the most powerful ghosts I have ever come across. And if that is true we need to find it before it finds us, or we are done for." Ford closed his journal and put it into his coat pocket.

Dipper gulped. All he could do right now was hope that the creature, whatever it was, was lying about being a ghost.

Ford had decided that he was going to go back to the trap again for one last look for something he could use to track the demon. Dipper would be of no help there right now and he would just get in the way because he wouldn't know what he was looking for. Ford promised that he would tell Dipper if he found something and needed help. And Dipper was okay with that, right now he was just going to hang around the shack, hang out with Mabel, maybe even talk to Wend-.

Dipper froze in place. There in front of him was one of the worst things he could possibly imagine. A black-haired teen with bright blue eyes talking with Wendy! She had even put her magazine down to talk to him and she was laughing at something he said. He still liked Wendy, even if she had told him to his face that she would rather be friends.

At that moment Dipper had sort of pushed the demon to the back of his mind, right now and he needed to find out what was going on with this new teenager who was leaning next to the cash register.

---

Notes

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I had fun making it. Sorry if there were any spelling or grammar mistakes. I reread these chapters like 10 times before I post them but sometimes I still miss things.

Please tell me what you thought of the chapter, and thank you to all who commented on the last chapters, they mean so much to me.  <3