There's no way he didn't see the note, but maybe he didn't realize what it said. Dream needed to stay cool. If George hadn't mentioned anything, he obviously hadn't seen anything.

———-

George didn't know what to do. He thought about the note while he showered, changed, fed his cats, and on the way back.

Of course he understood what the note read, but did Dream mean it?

And did George return the sentiment? Of course he'd been thinking about the kiss and Dream in general for years but..

Did he really love him?

George sighed.

If Dream didn't bring it up, neither would he.

So George opened Dream's door, and walked in just like he had so many times.

It felt different somehow. Heavier. Like there was a tension in the air that was dragging him towards the ground.

Dream was laid on the couch, some random show on the TV. He could hear soft snores from the taller man, and it comforted him slightly.

He knelt down to the floor and petted Patches, who for the first time in awhile greeted George. He wiped away a tear forming at his eye.

He made his way over to the couch and peered over the top. Dream cracked open his eyes and smile lazily at him.

"Feel any better?" George laughed, his voice cracking slightly.

"Yeah,  I guess." Dream shrugged and brought his arms around George's neck.

"What are you doing Dream-" George questioned.

Dream did a half sit up, bringing George's face closer to his own and whispered in his ear.

"I know you love me~" He said.

George pulled away and rolled his eyes, despite the butterflies in his stomach. "Yeah right."

Dream smiled and dropped back onto the couch.

George made his away around the couch and sat at Dream's feet, watching the show he had on.

The pair sat there for awhile, Dream eventually falling asleep once more. The night slowly crept closer, and George, not wanting to stay in the same room any longer, made his way to the roof.

He often did this at his own place, the cool night air relaxed him. A wind blew softly, rustling the leaves of a nearby tree and tousling George's hair.

He laid there, on the roof until the moon was at the top of the sky. That's when the rain began to fall softly and he dragged himself back inside.

He woke Dream up enough to get him upstairs.

George sat at Dream's desk, spinning mindlessly in his chair. His thoughts were overwhelmed by Dream.

He watched how soft Dream looked when he slept. How his hair fell softly into his eyes, how his chest would rise and fall gently, the way he curled slightly, to create a space where someone could lay. How his mouth laid slightly open, and he could hear the soft breaths from the taller man. Dream looked so carefree, so relaxed.

A crash of thunder caused George to jump from the chair. He hated thunder, and the warmth of the bed and Dream invited him
in. But still, the thick tension hung in the air, and inside of crawling beside dream, he grabbed a pillow and laid on the floor.

He fell asleep, once more thinking of Dream.

In Dream's sleep, his dreams were plagued by George.

———-
Dream was high in the treetops, the world bathed in a slightly pink fuzzy hue. The sun was rising, and beneath him was George.

There was a flower tucked behind his ear. The forest floor beneath Dream was covered in the same kind of flower.

There were trees all around, and there was a creek nearby. The leaves formed a thick canopy that hardly allowed Dream to see out of. Still, the shone shown through, and seemed to shine directly on George.

Dream tried to make his way down the tree, and when he was a few feet above the ground, the branch beneath him broke and he plummeted, stray twigs scraping him on the way down.

Dream landed on a somewhat soft pile of moss, directly in front of George.

George, who had been looking up, immediately looked down in concern.

He didn't say anything, despite his mouth moving. There was a soft ringing in Dream's ear that he hadn't noticed earlier.

He also suddenly felt a mask covering his face, obscuring Dream's eyes and nose. He understood that he could see out of the mask, but George couldn't see in.

He felt himself being lifted up to his feet and helped over to a nearby tree.

Dream flopped down against it, while George bent down at his side, rummaging through a small bag he had.

"You need to be more careful.." Dream could hear George grumble as he wrapped a bandage around the various scratches on his arm.

Dream smiled sheepishly.

Suddenly he felt George's hands around his head, and the soft click as Dream's mask dropped.

He could see George more clearly now.

George brought his hands down around Dream's jaw, standing up slightly. In this position, he towered over Dream.

George titled Dream's chin up, and kissed him.

Their lips connected for only a split second before George pulled away, and went back to tending Dream's wounds.

Dream woke with a start moments later, his arms encasing a small ball of body heat, pressed into his chest.

Rain pounded furiously on the the roof.

He brushes George's hair out of his face, and planted a soft kiss on the smaller boy's head.

Dream let his head rest onto of Georges, and pulled the sleeping man closer as another crack of thunder causes him to jump.

———-

A/N

Hey- it's me again late at night, I SWEAR I GET BURSTS OF ENERGY AT 12AM LEAVE ME BE.

Anyways congrats to the people who figured out the scramble, you get a crown.

Sorry this took forever to write I only got the ending idea for this like 30 minutes ago, I hope you enjoy, and bear with any consistency errors or spelling mistakes, if you point them out i'll fix them.

Word Count: 1496