"But you guys came all this wa-"

"No buts Kaneki-kun... rest. We'll be by later."

The girl then leaned over and placed a warm kiss on the boys forehead - missing the fact that his cheeks grew red and his heart missed a few beats. It wasn't missed by their other friend though who smiled knowingly at the two.

   The girl heard light foot steps enter the alley way and she listened cautiously from her position in the dark. They continued to walk towards her before stopping maybe 10 feet away and falling silent. She could hear the rain splattering against something metal. Their briefcase most likey. She didn't care honestly.

   The girl unconsciously raised a hand to cover her left shoulder - the shoulder that had a massive scar where doctors had to preform multiple surgeries to add skin to it seeing as it was torn away deeply.

The sound of a front door being opened and closed could be heard throughout the small apartment. Along with the door, the sound of a rustling plastic bag, and light steps followed a soft hum.

"Kaneki-kun? Are you home? I don't know if you got my message or not, but I brought over some food for you. I know you must be tired of the crappy hospital food." Rima had called out, making her way to the main room after taking her shoes off. She was expecting to get a greeting back but only heard the sound of heavy breathing in the darkness.

Rima stopped in the doorway to the main room.

"Kaneki-kun... is that you? Why do you have all the lights turned off?" Setting the bag by her feet, Rima reached out and flipped the light switch on. When the light finally turned on, a hunched over Kaneki was found in the middle of his floor. Hands wound up in his hair gripping it and tightly clutching his head.

"Kaneki-kun!" Rima panicked. Immediately she ran over to check on her friend thinking that some complications from the assault appeared. Kneeling beside him and putting a hand on his back, Rima called out softly.

"Kaneki-kun? Are you okay? What's wrong? Are you hurt anywhere?" Rima was worried she would have to call the ambulance. Kaneki has just gotten out of the hospital.

His only answer was a low mumble.

Rima leaned closer, "What did you say? I can't hear you."

"I s-said... leave..." Kaneki mumbled loud enough for Rima to hear. Her eyes widened.

"W-what!? Why?"

Kaneki suddenly arched his back and yelled. Rima jerked away startled, but still stayed beside her friend wanting to help in anyway she could.

"JUST LEAVE!... Leave before I do something I regret!" Kaneki groaned, his face now in his hands. His breathing became heavier and faster.

Rima didn't know exactly what to do in this situation but she knew leaving would be the wrong one.

"I'm not going to just leave you when you're hurting. Let me call someone to help!" Rima protested as she stood up and turned to grab her phone out of her bag. She was stopped halfway by a hand grabbing her ankle roughly. Rima flinched in pain an looked towards Kaneki.