2.03 - Writing to you part 1

Dear Lip,

Lately words haven't been on our side but silence was always good friend to us. I know you're probably sitting beneath the L, reading this confusingly, wondering why I'm writing to you instead of taking.

Truth is, I'm not sure. I've been home all of a week and somehow, everytime I go to talk to you, it's like I'm back in last summer when I could only stutter small sentences to you. Yet, I have a lot to say before the trail tomorrow.

Maybe it'll do us both some good if I start with the night I walked away from you. You told me the three words, I had been dreading and waiting to hear fall from your, more often the not, chapped lips.

I always dreaded those three words because then things would be more real? Or maybe it would mean that we aren't just kids anymore? But over the month in California, I spent a lot of time thinking and feeling.

I love you, I've always loved you, even when I didn't know what those words entailed. In many ways, we both showed that feeling to each other. The way you would watch me from across the room to make sure I eat. The way you would run your fingers through my hair when I couldn't sleep at night. The way you would let me dance around your room with Ian to whatever our favorite song was at the time. The way your eyes follow me anytime I'm with the kids. I hope I show you my love in my actions too. 

Tomorrow is the first day of the trail. I should tell you that Troy and Serena are people I care about, they helped me in a way no one here could but you guys are my family. More importantly, you are my home.

I won't lie to you, when I was away, I often thought about what my life would look like there. How different things would be if I grew up there or lived there now. Everytime I even thought about not coming home, my stomach dropped to my feet. I would think about how hurt my parents would be. How hurt you all would be. All the words you said to me that night played through my mind like a song stuck in my head.

So no matter how this week goes, you will forever be my beautiful broken blue eyed boy.

Love,

Rosalie.

Folding the note, she placed it where he hides his cigarettes with a soft sigh. Being away from him really changed her, you know what they say. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

*********
A/N:
Y'all I'm so exicted for the next few chapters. I know this was short and the next one will be too but they should get longer, I promise!!!