seven.

☼ʙʟᴜᴇ ʜᴀɪʀ ᴅʏᴇ☾

"Yeah, but you can't quit

"Yeah, but you can't quit." Miguel told Demetri as they walked to their Biology class, Sonny walking with them since her Math class was a few doors down.

"I got yelled at, got my ass kicked and then gave him my money. you know who lives like that? Hookers." Demetri scoffed. Sonny rolled her eyes, biting back a smile. "Yeah, but he's not that bad of a guy. You gotta give him a chance. You don't know him like I do." Miguel tried to persuade but Demetri was certain about his answer.

Demetri tilted his head, pointing at Miguel. "See that? That's hooker talk. Besides, I don't need to learn karate when I have you and Eli's making Sonny stay in to get the feel of the classes so I'll have three bodyguards on my side." Demetri gestured off to the side, making Miguel and Sonny turn to see what he was looking at and saw Kyler walking over but as soon as he saw Miguel, he walked away.

Sonny smirked, fist bumping Miguel as Demetri smiled. "See? No one's gonna mess with you." Demetri patted Miguel's shoulder, unlinking his arm from Sonnys and walking into the class, leaving Sonny with Miguel. "So you'll come back?" Miguel asked, turning to Sonny with a hopeful smile.

She sighed looking down at her shoes as she chewed on her lip. "Sadly. Eli wants to stay and I promised that I'll go if he does. Honestly, I feel like if your Sensei wasn't so aggressive and insensitive, I'd like being there. I don't really like violence but I could use what he teaches for self defense, you know?" Miguel nodded and the bell rang. Sonny smiled and started walking backwards to her class. "Well, I gotta go."

"Bye." Miguel sang and Sonny waved, mumbling a bye to Miguel and walking to Math class.

...

After school that day, Sonny, Eli and Miguel headed to the dojo. A lot of people seemed to have the same thoughts as Demetri because over half the class was gone.

When Johnny walked in from his office, his jaw dropped at the amount of kids in the room lack. "Where is everyone? Crater-face? Nose ring? Slingshot?" Johnny asked and Miguel sighed. "They quit, Sensei."

Johnny looked at Miguel in shock. "You serious?" Miguel nodded, making Johnny sigh. "Well good. That was a test. I wanted to see who the quitters are. Not you guys. You're in it to win it, right? You can be home playing your iComputers, playing your video games, eating candy. Instead you're here, doing pushups, learning how to fight."

Johnny looked around the room before his eyes landed on Eli and he quickly pointed at him. "Lip. Look. Even Lip's tougher than those guys. He's no quitter. And so is Little Miss Sunshine's here too."

"Could you please not call me that?" Eli spoke up. Johnny looked taken aback at Eli. "Excuse me, what?" Johnny asked, taking a step closer to him. "I said, could you please not call me that." Eli spoke a little louder and Sonny looked at him in shock a proud smile slowly growing on her face at Eli defending himself.