one.

☼ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ☾

Sonny Thompson was never one to be outspoken or loud

Sonny Thompson was never one to be outspoken or loud. She'd much rather watch and listen rather than be the one people would see or hear which is exactly why she sat in the very back of her Math class, where she wouldn't disturb anyone and no one would her. She had her knees up on the seat, pulled up to her chest as she leaned over them, fancying up her notes they had taken earlier in the period.

As she kept her eyes on her notebook, she felt a presence in front of her desk, making her shyly look up and immediately grow tense at the popular girl in front of her. Moon looked down at Sonny, giving her a big smile as she had her arms tightly around her notebook.

"Hi." Sonny slowly let out, looking at the girl in awestruck. Moon smile grew bigger at the awkward girl. "Hi! I was a little confused with what we're supposed to do and I saw that you've been looking down at your book for the passed 5 minutes so I figured you'd know what we're doing." Moon said, taking the empty seat beside Sonny as the quiet girls eyes just followed the girl.

Sonny heard what Moon said but she didn't answer. She couldn't. Her mind was stuck on the last portion of Moons words. Moon had been watching her. Moon saw her.

Sonny quickly shook her head to get out of her thoughts and cleared her throat. "Um... You have to graph the equations. -3+4i would be at (-3, 4). The real number is the x-axis and the imaginary is the y." Sonny said, leaning over a little closer to Moon and pointing at her notebook.

Moon nodded, starting to understand it and turned her head to face Sonny. Their faces were practically inches apart and Sonny stared into Moons eyes that were watching her brown ones softly. "And uh... that's how you do it." Sonny said, an awkward chuckle at the end of her sentence as she moved closer to her side of the desk and Moon watched Sonny with a smile on her face, nodding. "Yeah. That makes sense. Thanks. I'm Moon by the way." Moon said with a smile.

"I know." Sonny blurted before shaking her head, letting out an airy laugh that Moon let out as well. "I mean... Sonny. I'm Sonny." She quickly tried to save herself but failed completely. "Look at that. Sonny and Moon." Moon sang out, making Sonnys cheeks redden, nodding her head rapidly. The bell for lunch rang through the air and Sonny eyes fell on the red bell, sighing as Moon packed up her stuff. "It was nice meeting you, Sonny."

Sonny smiled, giving Moon a small wave goodbye. As soon as the girl was far enough away, Sonnys eyes went wide, her head falling into her crossed arms on the table as her mind replayed the embarrassing scene in her head until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Sonny didn't look up, already knowing it was Eli picking her up to head to lunch. Something they've done since ninth grade because their classes always seemed to be next to each other. Eli bounced back and forth on the balls of his feet shyly as he watched his friend. He quickly poked her head to see if she was alive and when she groaned as a response, he sighed.