chapter 8: 𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘹𝘪𝘢

═════ 𓃮 ═════

═════ 𓃮 ═════

The sounds of struggle were fierce and frightening. Huge wolves, humanoid, monstrous and misshapen slashed their claws and bared their dagger-like teeth at any living thing they could find. They stunk of manure and had fur so grotesquely filthy that it made Potami want to puke every time she felt her claws glide through its clumpy greasiness.

In the fray, huge feline warriors collided with these creatures, giving all their might, tooth and claw, to defend their home and people. Potami sunk her claws into the dirt as she watched, horrified, at the carnage around her. Good men and women were dying. Mothers screamed for the lives of their children as the lycan's tried to catch and consume them. Barely trained neophytes could barely make it back to their dens without being slaughtered.

There was no way Potami was going to let her tribe fight alone. It was her honour and duty to stand with them and defend her home.

Springing forward, forcing herself to set aside her fear, Potami lashed out with unsheathed claws at one of the creatures nearby, crunching on the bones and organs of a dead huntress. It had inky black fur and menacing red eyes. The tip of one of her claws slit its muzzle as it spun around and it let out a pained howl, leaping back and snarling at her, frothing at the mouth like a rabid animal.

Potami then watched as one of her closest friends, Soma, hurtled after the lycan who had saw it had been outnumbered and was beginning to flee.

Nearby, Potami's brother, Skiafrost, was snarling a huge lycan away from a pair of terrified werepuma children who Potami recalled had just been appointed as neophytes the year before.

Skiafrost turned to the children as the lycan run off. "Get inside!" Immediately the pair obeyed his order and dashed away to find some place to hide out the raid.

Potami turned back around and raced after her friend. She couldn't fight that lycan alone if it decided to turn around and lunge at her, and when she was on Soma's tail, Potami felt her heart race at the thought of killing a lycan together as freshly appointed huntresses. To avenge the people they lost in the conflict.

The entire village was under attack. Taken by surprise by a wandering pack of feral lycanthrope's who had stumbled upon their home somehow without being detected. Young cubs had been playing out in the streets when the invasion had started. Now they lie dead in the places they laughed and danced.

Potami desperately ignored the sights of the mauled dead and the crippled dying, and instead focused on her own adrenaline to protect her home with all her might.

Together, she and Soma had chased the lycan ahead where the stone road opened into the huge and round main courtyard. It was the centre of the village, and currently the hotspot for a battleground. Many werepuma's were battling it out against the mutts here. Claws flashing, teeth sinking into flesh, and blood splattering everywhere like rain.