CHAPTER •°• thirty

Start from the beginning

"Same." He commented and then added. "You're like my soulmate, bro." He admitted and Sirius almost choked on his own saliva.

"Yeah, Merlin knows I am." He poked Remus, who only laughed on that. "So, you know what, maybe let's go and visit Maggie after all." He suggested which Remus quickly nodded.

The two of them, not even trying to be quiet anymore, started to make their ways through the corridors. Luckily they didn't have to come through the one James and Lily were making out in, so they were safe.

They didn't talk much through their way to the Hufflepuffs common room, and only when they finally found themselves under the door, Sirius knocked in the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff' to get them in.

Luckily, he did that correctly and the two of them soon found themselves inside of the common room.

They came through the corridor, leading to the main place and once they did, they stopped in a room crowded with Hufflepuffs.

"Merlin, how do you find Maggie in here?" Remus, honestly unsure of that. The common room was rather small in comparison to the Gryffindor's common room and besides it seemed that literally everyone was there.

"I don't, she finds me." Admitted Sirius and Remus shook his head at that.

After all Maggie could be somewhere else completely. Like even in her own dormitory.

But Sirius didn't bother with that. He just pulled Remus after him into the crowd and started to make his way Merlin knew where.

Remus wanted to protest and say that he changed his mind about talking to Maggie, but he finally gave up.

Maybe Sirius was right and..

"Black!" Someone shouted suddenly, from Remus's right side, and Moony jumped up, startled as he noticed Maggie was sitting on a couch, about a meter away from him.

"Told ya." Pointed out Sirius and stopped next to Lupin, to greet with White. "White." He said mockingly and Maggie rolled her eyes, moving away to make place for the two of them.

"Here, sit." She encouraged them and Remus and Sirius squeezed themselves between her and some other, random Hufflepuffs.

"So." Sirius poked Maggie a bit stronger than necessary and she threw a disappointed glance at him. "Did Shackelbottle prove himself worthy?" He asked, raising his eyebrows meaningfully. 

Maggie pushed him slightly, accidentally pushing also Remus and whoever was sitting next to him.

"Stop calling him Shackelbottle, it's not even funny." She commented and Sirius huffed, his next words smooth.

"You know what else is not funny?" He asked and Maggie answered, before he got to finish his sentence.

"Your haircut." She roasted him. "It's so bad, it stopped being funny after one day, seriously do something about it." She told him and Sirius gasped loudly, but Remus laughed, amused.

"I mean she does have a point." He suggested teasingly and Sirius shook his head.

"First, I was going to say that dick jokes are not funny." He tried to save his honour. "And second, I haven't changed my haircut since fourth year, you guys." He added, his voice disastrous. 

"Exactly." Maggie pointed out. "And you look awful ever since." She said and Sirius huffed loudly.

"That's not true." Reassured him Remus, squeezing his hand slightly. "You always were handsome." He said and Sirius smiled at him.

"Awww." Maggie said, but when it seemed that she was just going to let go she added, her voice mocking. "You guys really should get a room." She said and Remus answered quickly, with no second thought. 

"Oh of course." He rolled his eyes. "Making out with boys in the closet is fine, but holding hands?" He laughed. "Merlin forbid." He said and Maggie laughed at that as well.

"I mean you know. It's fine if I'm the one holding hands." She decided and Remus poked her, putting his hand over Sirius.

"Of course it is." He said and Maggie only rolled her eyes.

Sirius however didn't seem to be eager to let go.

"So, what were you doing with Kingsley?" He asked, both his voice and expression suggestive. "I mean, don't tell me you were only holding hands." He said and Maggie cleared her throat loudly. 

"I mean actually..." She scratched the back of her head. "We kind of were." She admitted and Sirius snorted at that, his next words even more mocking.

"Yeah right!" He shook his head. "You were making out with a gay person, right here, and you tell me you were only holding hands with you supposed soulmate?" He asked and Maggie poked him.

"You really shouldn't be the one to say." She pointed out and Sirius shook his head, disgusted.

"Shouldn't I?" He asked, provocatively and he and Maggie started their as old as the world game in 'who will come up with a better insult'.

Meanwhile, Remus sighed loudly and smiled at Maggie playing around with Sirius, as he leaned on the couch, satisfied.

He didn't know how the Christmas thing was going to end up. He didn't know how their life was going to go. He had no idea what to expect from the next day, but he knew one thing.

He knew that no matter what Sirius was going to remain a one constant in his life.

°•○•°

Yep. That's it. I hope you enjoyed the story as well as those little notes right here.

I hope you guys had as much fun reading it as I did writing... oh, and of course I'm proud that you withstanded the dick jokes.