CHAPTER •°• nine

LATER THE SAME DAY Sirius was sitting with Maggie in his dormitory. All the rest of the Marauders went somewhere, but Padfoot was too tired to join.

Actually, he felt so exhausted that the whole detention thing seemed to him like it wasn't even reality, but he knew that it was, because McGonagall just had to remind him sooner that day, on one of the lessons.

Just in case he forgot and managed to have a good day.

Sirius yawned loudly. He hoped for a free dormitory so that he could go to sleep and, if he's lucky, oversleep for detention.

He's done that a few times before, actually, and it always ended with more detention, but right then he couldn't bring himself to care. And he probably would be sleeping right then, if not for the fact that Maggie decided that it would be the best time to barge in and ask him for help in choosing the best outfit for her another date with Avery.

Sirius still hated Avery, and he was tired as hell, but he knew that Maggie was doing a big favor for him, by pretending to be his girlfriend, so he couldn't just throw her out. 

That's why he was sitting on the floor, leaning on his bed and watching Maggie try on one dress after another. She brought them all there especially for that occasion and she also already had a few in Sirius's coffer from the old times.

"I think that one is okay, but won't I be cold?" Maggie sighed trying to straighten up her sleeve. "I mean Avery is a great kisser, but he's not the 'take my jacket' kind of guy, so I should dress warm." She decided and Sirius nodded his head lazily.

"Definitely not that kind of guy." He agreed and Maggie only glanced at him, right when Sirius was yawning again. She stared at him for a while and it took Padfoot a while to notice that, but once he did, he waved his hand dismissively and muttered. "Don't interrupt yourself." 

Maggie only shook her head and, taking off her dress to try another outfit on, said.

"You are getting a bit old for all those jokes." She decided, already half naked. "What were you trying to do anyway?" She asked and Sirius shrugged, finding it difficult to focus.

After a few dozen seconds of silence though, he finally managed to come up with a sensible enough answer.

"Well like... we were going to put cups... like a lot of cups." He sighed, trying to supress another yawn. "And those cups would be all over the floor in the Great Hall and when people would show up in the morning there are cups and those cups would be filled with water... though I think we forgot that part." He frowned. "I'm not even sure, James and Peter were putting them all..." He sighed again, finding it really difficult to make sense of his own words. "And anyway, the cups barricade the entrance and there are delays, cause like what can you do with the cups on the floor and there has to be breakfast so... they call off the lessons!" He finished finally and Maggie paused in the middle of putting on a shiny, black skirt.

"Call off the lessons because there were cups in the Great Hall?" She asked, shaking her head. "Merlin, you're so dumb." She decided and Sirius only snorted, even though he actually did just realise that their plan did not make much sense.

"At least none of us is dating Avery." He mocked her and Maggie glared at him, even though it didn't look very impressive when she had her top off and was focused on correcting her skirt.

"I'm only making out with Avery and that's only because he's like a way better kisser than you but quite frankly, somehow he's also a lot dumber than..." But before she could finish the door to the dormitory flew open and James Potter himself burged in.

"Maggie?" He asked, his voice so unlike his own, that Sirius felt like he was actually waking up for the first time this day. "Are you cheating on Sirius? I mean I've heard what Remus saw, but..." James paused only then noticing that Black was also in the room.