CHAPTER •°• twenty six

Just a warning: some
tooth-rotting fluff ahead!

°•○•°

    DAYS AFTER SIRIUS found out that everyone knew were passing by slowly for Remus. He was worried for Sirius but as much as he didn't like attention from uninterested sides, when it came to relationships, he also didn't mind that people knew.

In fact, he didn't really tell his parents that he had a boyfriend yet, but that was only because he would feel weird writing about it. He just rather wait for Christmas break and tell them then, face to face.

He knew that they would accept him no matter what, but it was Sirius that was making Lupin anxious.

Especially that he still didn't get any letter from home and, as far as the two of them were concerned, Regulus didn't either.

So, as time passed by, Sirius was getting crazy and Remus couldn't help but get even crazier. It was just that... he wanted what was the best for Padfoot.

And he knew that Sirius already was conflicted with his parents and Remus just couldn't imagine how awful it had to feel to even think for a moment that your parents may throw you out of the house.

Remus sighed. He never knew that feeling, but he knew that Padfoot looked like a disaster ever since he found out that Regulus wrote to their parents. And the longer they didn't write anything back, the worse it was getting.

Because of that, he stayed and thought about his boyfriend's problems almost every hour of the day.

It wasn't half that bad, he was grateful that he could be there for Sirius, especially in the moments like this one, when the two of them were just laying on the bed, tangled in each other's arms.

It was Saturday morning and despite the fact that the other two Marauders already went out, Black and Lupin decided to stay and cherish the free day that they got for themselves. 

Remus could feel as Sirius's chest was falling up and down, as Black breathed steadily and he found it really soothing. He loved cuddling with Sirius, and despite the fact that the two of them weren't together for a long time, he could hardly imagine a life without it already.

Being his lover was different than being his friend, and different than being with anybody else. At first Remus was afraid that the two of them wouldn't be able to really be a couple after being friends. He thought that it would be awkward, but actually it felt like the most natural thing he ever experienced. 

Almost as natural as breathing, except that you didn't need it to survive. Or did you?

Remus chuckled at that thought under his breath, and once he did, he heard Sirius's sleepy, silent tone over his head.

"What are you giggling at?" Asked him Black, and Lupin shook his head, as if he wanted to say 'nothing'. Padfoot didn't press and for another moment the two of them just laid there together.

That is, until finally Lupin decided that he had something to say after all, and spoke, or rather mumbled, lazily.

"I was wondering, did you ever think what would you do after Hogwarts, if not become an auror?" He asked and Sirius sighed heavily. At first he didn't answer, apparently wondering about his response.