Introductions

-Naruto POV-

Shutting off the alarm, I realized that I had finally fallen asleep. I didn't have any dreams but I didn't have that nightmare again either. Time was helping it fade which made me feel slight relief.

'Ugh. I have to get ready for work' I thought to myself as I attempted to get up from the couch. It was way too small for me to be sleeping on, but it was more comforting than an empty bed.

I took a shower and began to get ready for work. In the mornings I helped out at a local book store. A lot of people assume that I don't read and that I'm an idiot, but that's not the case. I actually read a lot of books when I have down time as I don't have a decent TV and I got rid of my smart phone. I hopped in the shower, got dressed, grabbed my bag for my nightly job, and headed out the door.

"Good morning Naruto-kun" I heard as I walked through the door. I looked over to find Ino standing behind the counter. She is a bit shorter than me, has long blonde hair that she wears in a pony tail, and has a very customer friendly attitude. Unless you get on her bad side.. then she morphs into a screaming demon.

"Morning Ino-San" I said as I walked to the staff room. I put my bag and my phone in my locker and headed out to the floor. Ino informed me that she needed my help carrying and stocking some of the new books that we just received of a well known Author. Ino was the manager of the store and she wasn't afraid of hard work. Whatever she asked me to do, you bet she either has done it herself at some point, or she would be there along side you to help. I loved that about her.

I told her I would carry all of the boxes out if she could direct me where to go with them. "Here, I'll follow you and grab a box too" she stated as she motioned towards the stockroom.

"No no. I wouldn't want my pretty manager to break a nail" I taunted, while winking at her. Blushing, she grabbed the nearest book that was close, and chucked it at my head. "GET TO WORK YOU DAMN FLIRT" she boomed.

Laughing, I grabbed three boxes of books and proceeded to carry them back out to the floor. I found the display that Ino had put together and proceeded to open the boxes and place the books in the display. Between that and helping customers throughout the morning, I had just enough time to finish the last 2 boxes and then head to my other job.

I grabbed the last 2 boxes and proceeded back to the floor. I wasn't watching where I was going and I ended up bumping into someone with the boxes. The boxes crashed to the floor and all of the books broke onto the floor.

"Oh my god. I am SO sor.." I started to say as I attempted to help the person up. This person was... wearing a disguise? And a bad one at that. They were wearing jeans, black tennis shoes, a black hoodie with the hood up, sun glasses, and a face mask.

"That was my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going" the person said as they helped gather the books from the floor. He had a manly voice, so I figured it was a guy. He pulled down his hood to reveal mid length black hair and pale skin. "Have you read this book?" He asked.

I was a little taken back by the question considering this person looked like he was going to rob the place. "Not this one specifically, but I have read all of the other ones from this author" I replied. As soon as I finished speaking, the man ripped his sun glasses off with an elated expression in his eyes. He pulled his mask down and frantically asked "YOU HAVE? ALL OF THEM?!"

I just kind of stared at him for a second. 'Is this dude okay?' I questioned. All of a sudden he blushed and put his mask and glasses back on. "Sorry, I just really like hearing that someone who looks like you reads my work" he said in a sheepish tone.

"Wait.. you're .." Before I could get it out,  he clamped his hands over my mouth frantically. "Yeah. No one knows I'm here, so keep it down! I'm also hiding from my editor right now" he said as he laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.