Chapter 2: The reaction (Part 1)

George could hear the subtle echo through the mic, understanding that they were now in the same room. He longed silently for the ability to burst through Dream's door as Sap had just done. He longed for the day when he would occupy the third room in their rental house. For the day that they could all be together.

"GEORGE!" Sapnap yelled through the mic. The loud noise snapped him out of his trance, and he zoned back into the conversation.

"Would that be okay George?" He heard Dream say, a hint of worry in his voice.

"Sorry, I zoned out. What were you talking about?"

Dream's soothing voice continued, "I was hoping to practice my face reveal to you so I could get a sense of how it would play out."

"Sure," he said. But on the inside, he was screaming. He had never seen Dream's face before and could barely contain his excitement.

"Okay, turn on your cam. I want to see your reaction," Dream said softly, more of a question than a demand. George could never refuse his friend's smooth tone.

"Sure. One second," he said, fiddling with his discord until his friends could see him. "But if you are anything other than a white blob with a smiley face, I am going to put you on Catfished." The three laughed in unison and George's camera finally lit up the call.

"Alright green man, go ahead," he said, trying to hide the nervousness and anticipation in his voice.

"So, the way I think I will approach it is like so... Hey guys!" said Dream. George immediately noticing him putting on his 'streamer' voice which was a little more enthusiastic than usual.

Dream continued, "I have been thinking about this for a while, and I think it is finally time you guys see who I am. Are you ready George?" His last phrase almost hushed to a whisper. George could only focus enough to nod frantically. He could not contain it anymore. The adrenaline was rushing through him.

"Alright, here we go," Dream said, clacking away at the computer and pausing for a moment. George watched as the discord window changed to fit both cameras.

And then... it loaded.