"Someone help me, why is no one doing anything?" I looked around, crying. My voice was straining, disappearing. It hurt to even cry. Each breath I took in and drew out, hurt even more, took even more energy from me as my lungs collapsed and expanded. Kassandra bent down beside me and grabbed my hands. "You can't help her," she whispered into my ear. She grabbed my face with both of her hands and whispered to me. I leaned back in offense, shaking my head at her words. "Yes I can, where is my wand, I can help her."

"You can't help her, Calantha," she whispered again. "She's gone."

"But I told Draco," I hiccuped. "I told him she should be right back," I cried even harder at the thought of Draco hearing about this. "I-I-I told him that she was going to be right back, and he-he, now she's not, she's not okay and I have to help her."

Kassandra shook her head. "She's not coming back," she wrapped an arm around me and moved Pansy onto the floor beside my lap. "Come on, let's go."

Professor McGonagall burst through the doors and behind her was Mattheo and Epiphany. Everyone turned to see what the commotion was, and Kassandra let go of me, and I instantly turned back around and grabbed Pansy again. Mattheo walked into the bathroom and looked at me and then Pansy before looking off into the distance as though something had hit him. Epiphany turned her head and walked up to me, confused.

"Is she dead?" she bent down and observed Pansy. I shook my head.

"She won't leave her," Kassandra whispered to Mattheo. He shook his head and said something back to her, and moments later Kassandra took Epiphany by the hand and let her out of the bathroom.

"Calantha, we need to take her to Dumbledore." Professor Mcgonagall bent down behind me and tried to grab my hands, but I pushed her back. "I have to help her," I shouted.

"You can't help her, Calantha," Mattheo stepped forward and bent down in front of me. I looked up at him, trying to focus my vision through the tears. "I have to try," I ran my hand through her hair and Mattheo put his on top of my other hand.

"You can't help her," he whispered.

"I can, I can," I kept repeating myself, hoping that maybe I'd begin to believe what I was saying. I kept saying I could help her. I couldn't.

"Come on, let's go," he grabbed my hands and Professor McGonagall came in front of me and grabbed onto Pansy, looking me in the eyes. She nodded at me, and then took her away. I sat on the floor as Mattheo tried to help me up by grabbing both of my hands and pulling me up into his chest. Most of everyone else had filed out of the room, and I didn't even care who was seeing me break down in Mattheo's arms. I sat in his lap for what felt like forever.
He walked with me until we got to my dorm, which was empty, and laid me in my bed.

"There was nothing I could do, was there?" I laid on my back and looked straight up at the top of my bed. My voice was raspy and faded from all of the sobbing. And still, I felt like all I wanted to do was scream.

Mattheo stayed silent for a few moments before laying down next to me. "I don't think there was anything anyone could have done, not just you."

"I should've tried to help her," I gulped.

"There was nothing you could've done, Calantha," he sighed. "Even if you got her down in time," he paused. "Her. . stomach, she lost too much blood."