"I'll go upstairs", Sapnap already turned around and bit his lip to stop himself from whimpering.

"Sap, it's okay. You can-".

"Oh! I didn't know you had a friend over!", Karl's mother interrupted him.

She was standing in the hallway, a towel in her hand and a smile on her face.

"Uhm, yeah... sorry. We felt asleep yesterday. He wasn't supposed to stay over", the brunet answered.

"Oh, it's totally fine. I'm Janet, Karls' mother", she swung the towel on her shoulder and gave Sapnap her hand.

Sapnap awkwardly shook it and tried to swallow the lump in his throat.

"I'm Sapnap", he managed to say.

Janet's smile grew wider and she took a steep back.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm making some pancakes, you guys want some?", she asked while pointing into the kitchen behind her.

"I don't really know", in the exact moment Karl's stomach grumbled.

Sapnap felt bad. He knew that Karl was only doing this because of him, because he was feeling uncomfortable right now. But he wanted Karl to feel comfortable, so he jumped over his shadow and tried to be the perfect guest for his friend.

"Yeah, we'd love to", he smiled slightly.

Karl's head shoot around and he frowned at Sapnap. He turned his head as well and smirked at the boy.

"I heard your stomach grumble, don't even start and lie to me", he whispered and the smirk turned into a smile.

They all walked into the kitchen. The radio was turned up a little bit, loud enough to hear the soft music coming out of it.

"Alright, can you two set the table while i'm making the pancakes?", Janet turned on the oven.

"Of course, Miss", Sapnap answered.

"Oh, dear! You can call me Janet", she smiled at him and the smaller boy smiled back.

'She wants to dance with me', was quietly playing on the radio.

"Oh my god! I love this song!", Karl's mother reached forward and turned up the radio's volume.

She started to dance to the song and joined Rick Astley singing.

Karl laughed at his mother's bad attempt to sing and she tossed him an offensive look.

"Are you making of me?", she gasped in shook, a smile forming on her lips yet again.

"Yes!", Karl laughed again.

Suddenly his mother threw the towel at her son but Karl crouched down before it could hit him. At that moment he was wheezing, trying to hold himself up at the kitchen's counter.

Sapnap was watching that family with a small smile on his face. His heart arched and it craved for a family like this.

"Sapnap, dear... are you alright?", Janet suddenly asked.

"Oh, yeah. It's just my side, I'm alright", he tried to reach up to get a cup without giving any kind of reaction to the pain which was torturing him at that moment.

"What's wrong with your side?", she crossed her arms, a sign that she wants an answer.

"I just walked against... my wardrobe".

He saw Karl frowning in the back of the kitchen.

"Did you go to the doctor? I think it looks really bad".

Sapnap looked down to see that his purple side was slightly exposed. He quickly pulled his shirt down.

"I'm fine. It's already healing", he answered.

"Wait!", she suddenly screamed.

Sapnap flinched, while Karl was smirking at him. He was used to moments like that.

His mother left the room really quickly but came back in a sense of seconds. She had a small tube in her hand.

"This could help, it's a really good salve".

Sapnap took the salve and thanked her.

After a few minutes, the pancakes were ready and Karl and Sapnap were also ready with setting the table. They all sat down and ate, Janet mostly asking some questions about school. The radio was still softly humming in the background and the whole atmosphere was peaceful, something that Sapnap didn't experience very often. He felt himself relaxing and getting more comfortable, which was heart warming for Karl to watch.

----------------------

"Quackity will come over now and drive you home, okay?".

Karl and Sapnap were both sitting on the taller boy's bed.

Sapnap was looking down on the tube and opened it slowly.

Without a warning, he lifted up his shirt. He chuckled slightly when he saw Karl turning his head around very quickly.

"It's not like you haven't already seen it", Sapnap mumbled.

The brunet turned his head slowly around again and looked down on his side. His eyes widened.

"Wait, it got bigger", he suddenly said.

Suddenly, he placed his hand over Sapnap's and pulled the shirt a little bit more up. Sapnap's eyes looked up. It was not possible for him to get his eyes off of the pretty boy in front of him. The look behind his blue eyes was worried, yet soft and it caused a smile taking over Sapnap's lips. He couldn't help but stare.

"S-should I? Should I help you?", Karl asked and looked up.

Their eyes met and Sapnap's heart did it's usual flip, while Karl's butterflies were making him sick in his stomach.

Without even thinking, Sapnap slowly nodded.

It was hard for Karl to let go of the green eyes, but he did manage to sat up straight again. The smaller boy gave him the salve and turned his side to him.

Karl's fingers grabbed the shirt's waistband and he lifted it up slowly. He put some salve on his fingers before he carefully touched the boy's side.

Sapnap flinched, not just because of the pain or the cold liquid but also because of his feelings which were going crazy at that moment.

This was too much.

It was already too much.

He bit his lip and tried to think of something else than the tall boy next to him which was currently softly applying the salve on his wound. The wound that he got from his abusive and homophobic father.

Don't think about him.

Not now.

Karl's fingers were shaking, but he tried his best to be as careful as possible.

Has somebody ever be that careful with Sapnap? Has someone ever be that worried about the smaller boy?

Fuck, this was going too far.

Way too far.

-------------------

Hey, thank you for reading chapter nine! I hope you like it :D Stay healthy <3

I don't know the name of Karl's mother, so I named her Janette, lol.

Twitter for updates: Cyleedd