𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘁

Start from the beginning

"It's okay to trip bro, but-" I began, but he cut me off.

"Look, my- my dad is missing." The van goes quiet.

"Missing." He repeats.

"You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened." He adds depressingly. "Just wake up ever morning wondering."

"It's been almost a year.." Z starts.

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's a definite possibility." Pope says with enthusiasm.

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere." Pope states.

"Absolutely, or uh.. Atlantis." I point to John B.

"JJ." Kie starts, signaling for me to shut the hell up.

"What do you think the message even means?" Z asks John B.

"Redfield. Redfield Lighthouse, my dads favorite place." John B says as he drives past the "Redfield Lighthouse" sign.

•••

zia

"Right. You guys are gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" John B tells JJ, Pope, and I.

"Sounds good." I wasn't too eager to go into the lighthouse, heights weren't really my thing. Unless we were laying on a roof looking at stars, then they were very much my thing.

"Wait... why me?" JJ asks, seeming annoyed that he had to stay behind.

"Because you're not coming." John B says.

"Why?" JJ practically whines.

"JJ, listen. There are independent and dependent variables, you're an independent variable. We don't know what-" Pope begins to explain to JJ isn't he nicest way possible why he wasn't going up.

"Shut up, Pope. Shut up!" JJ yells at him.

"Jesus Christ, calm down. You're staying down here, end of discussion." I state to the irritated JJ. I then turn around and lean onto a tree, watching as JJ rolls his beautiful, blue eyes.

Stop.

"If we get split up, we meet back at JJs. Alright?" John B asks us.

We all nod in agreement, and John B and Kie set off.

"I'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay, and I'm trying to keep felonies to a minimum." Pope says as he walks back to the Twinkie.

"Would you just shut up already?" JJ says, tossing a hacky-sack onto the ground.

"What are you so pissed off for?" I ask him.

Not only was he being a dick just now, but while in the car ride over he wasn't talking to anyone. He just sat with some pissy look on his face.

He looked up from his hacky-sack and at me.

He scoffed and slightly rolled his eyes.

"Nothin'." He shakes his head and goes back to the hacky-sack.

I scoff and slide down the tree, sitting on the ground.

Suddenly, I hear a ding, causing the boys attention to shoot to me.

I pull out my phone and read the notification.

Matt: I just realized that I never got ur last name

I had forgotten I had given Matt my number.

Wood  :)