She breathed a sigh of relief, until Ennis continued, "Under one condition."

Ayane swore in her head. She wanted to punch this man.

"What?" she snapped, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"You join Cobra Kai."

She began to laugh, turning around wildly with disbelief.

"You are crazy," Ayane said with exasperation. "You deserve to stay in prison for the rest of your life!"

"Think what you want," Ennis replied lazily. "But that's my offer. Join Cobra Kai with Kreese and I'll pay off the surgery."

She shook her head, hitting the wall of her bedroom.

"I can't just join Cobra Kai. I live with the LaRusso's, they'll never go for that."

Ennis replied, "So move out. Your mother will take you back."

Ayane paced around her room, still shaking her head. She couldn't even bring herself to be surprised, though.

After she did not reply for awhile, Ennis continued, "So? What's it going to be?"

Ayane tapped her foot rapidly on the ground, staring a hole into the wall. If she could have just reached through the phone and strangled her father...

But she had to do it. For Miguel.

She drew in a sharp breath, glaring hard.

"Fine."

. . . .

SAM WAS WAKING AYANE up the next morning, much to Ayane's disliking.

"Ayane, get up! I thought of a way we can raise money for Miguel!"

At once, Ayane stirred. She sat up, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

Sam sat on the edge of Ayane's bed, excitedly telling her the idea she had.

"Well, I was thinking we could do a car wash! You know, as a fundraiser."

Ayane was actually intrigued with this idea. Anything to keep her from having to join Cobra Kai, at least.

"A car wash..." Ayane thought for a moment, yawning again. "Yeah, okay."

Sam grinned. "Yay! Oh, and make sure you wear a bikini top."

Before Ayane could ask questions, Sam stood up and walked out of her room.

An hour later, Ayane was changed into denim shorts and a black bikini top with flip flops, arriving with Sam to an empty lot.

The other Miyagi-Do students arrived, setting up posters with Miguel's face on them to advertise for this car wash.

"Do you know if this is going to work?" Ayane asked Sam, frowning a little.

Sam smiled reassuringly. "Hey, try to be positive! If all else fails, we can do a lemonade stand next."