When I bought it, I was given a lengthy lesson on how to work it. I opened the compartment to put a fresh VHS tape in, and shut the little door. I pressed the record button and brought the viewfinder to my eye, placing the body of the video camera on my shoulder. I felt like a professional tech-savvy nerd. I said, "I think it's rolling."

I pointed the camera at Tom's face while giggling. He looked into the lens and wiggled his fingers at the camera before leaning forward and flicked his tongue toward me, which made me laugh.

"Tom Hanson, always a professional," I giggled and backed up a bit, still holding the viewfinder to my eye

Tom asked, "when that stops recording, we will be able to watch it?"

"Yeah, if I'm doing it right," I chuckled.

"That's pretty cool," Tom said. Then, he made a straight face at the camera before he slowly wiggled his tongue in and out of his mouth in a goofy manner.

I fiddled around with some buttons without looking and then I could see Tom's face get closer and closer through the viewfinder

I fiddled around with some buttons without looking and then I could see Tom's face get closer and closer through the viewfinder. Pretty soon, I could only see his eyes. I said, "this can zoom!"

"Lemme see," he chuckled. He took the videocamera from me and pressed the viewfinder to his eye. He smiled and said, "awe, look at you. How do I... I see."

I smiled from embarrassment and stuck my tongue out at the camera with a scrunch of my nose. Tom chuckled which made me laugh. I wasn't used to cameras being pointed at me so I tried not to look at it, but I was smiling and laughing. "I don't know what to do."

"Smile," he instructed and I smiled like he was taking a picture. "Don't smile," he said, which was difficult for me to drop, especially when I was looking at him. "Close your eyes." I was hesitant but I closed them with my lips flexed as I tried not to smile. "No peeking," he said.

"I'm not," I giggled.

"No smiling," he said again.

"I'm not," I lied, because I was definitely smiling.

I heard wrestling of what sounded like papers before he finally let me open my eyes again. I was confused but noticed him holding something above our heads. I looked up and saw that he was holding mistletoe. A small green plant with white berries and a red ribbon tying them together.